A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

So my high school, after me complaining for 3 years, purchased a new tig/stick machine. We received it Thursday afternoon and I set it up on Friday morning. First impressions was that it was well built and the components were 50/50 good. I was not happy with the ground clamp or the stinger. They work but are a little cheap. The regulator, that we aren't using anyways, was cheap as well. I really liked the tig torch overall being a flex head. I ran some 7018, 6011, 6013, and some 6010s. I really loved the arc. The 7018s ran very well and the 6010s ran well as well despite it being an inverter. I really liked the tig as well. It was a whole new world with pulse, frequency, and balance. Overall, it is a very nice machine with a lot of quality features for the price.
With the extra features I was actually able to do an aluminum t-joint with no filler. Obviously not for strictural peices but a as a parlor trick. 10 pps and 150 on the frequency and romping the foot pedal so pulse on pulse.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (30.6 KiB) Viewed 5051 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (82.79 KiB) Viewed 5051 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (56.14 KiB) Viewed 5051 times
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Ant428
    Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:22 am

I have that machine. I really like it so far.
DonaldE
    Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:27 am

Considering it as my next upgrade but I have a question. Does this Lincoln 200 Tig can use the lift arc like 210mp?
Farmwelding

DonaldE wrote:Considering it as my next upgrade but I have a question. Does this Lincoln 200 Tig can use the lift arc like 210mp?
The square wave 200 only has high frequency start for tig welding
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Farmwelding wrote:
DonaldE wrote:Considering it as my next upgrade but I have a question. Does this Lincoln 200 Tig can use the lift arc like 210mp?
Seriously? I never realized that. I would not own that machine if scratch or lift arc weren't an option. Really disappointed to hear that. :shock: :cry:

cj737 wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:
Seriously? I never realized that. I would not own that machine if scratch or lift arc weren't an option. Really disappointed to hear that. :shock: :cry:
cj, I've mostly done TIG welding for many years, typically with a Miller maxstar or dynasty, never really used the lift arc except maybe just to give it a try. In what situations do you prefer, or like the lift arc?
Richard
Website
cj737

I use it frequently to move around a large piece and tack, or weld. A foot pedal is great, when you sit at a bench. But dragging a pedal around can be awkward and welding out of position can make a pedal impossible.
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

cj737 wrote:I use it frequently to move around a large piece and tack, or weld. A foot pedal is great, when you sit at a bench. But dragging a pedal around can be awkward and welding out of position can make a pedal impossible.
Could use a torch switch - some on/off switches are pretty small.

I hear you though, kicking the pedal around a table really sucks.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
cj737

MinnesotaDave wrote:
cj737 wrote:I use it frequently to move around a large piece and tack, or weld. A foot pedal is great, when you sit at a bench. But dragging a pedal around can be awkward and welding out of position can make a pedal impossible.
Could use a torch switch - some on/off switches are pretty small.
I hear you though, kicking the pedal around a table really sucks.
True. But with my machines, push a button and I'm off to the races. A torch switch would require constant work cable changes OR pushing buttons. Then the switch is on the torch when you don't want to use it because you're sitting at the bench. Oh the compromises... I do plenty of bench work too, so I do want a pedal frequently. But it just never occurred to me that the SW wouldn't have lift/scratch start.

Take a look at this TIG Button, I think Oscar has one...
Richard
Website
Shaky6
    Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:47 pm

I just bought this machine, first TIG I'll ever try. Can't wait. Lincoln's $125 holiday rebate sealed the deal. I was looking at the Diversion 180, but even with the $700 rebate it was more expensive than the Lincoln. Plus it has hardwired leads, which didn't appeal to me.

From all I've read on this and another forum you'll be glad you bought the Lincoln, the Diversion isn't Miller's bright spot.
Hope you'll post back with a review after you've used it awhile.
Richard
Website
Farmwelding

LtBadd wrote:From all I've read on this and another forum you'll be glad you bought the Lincoln, the Diversion isn't Miller's bright spot.
Hope you'll post back with a review after you've used it awhile.
I agree whole heartedly. We have both machines at school and the squarewave is hands down better. Better foot pedal, better torch, ability to stick weld, easily replaceable leads, pulse/balance/frequency settings, and better arc starts.
Nick
discap
    Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:52 am

I have and use the TIG Button (from 6061.com) pretty much exclusively now. Eliminates problems with out of position.

Bill
cj737

discap wrote:I have and use the TIG Button (from 6061.com) pretty much exclusively now. Eliminates problems with out of position.

Bill
And I have since bought two myself. Nearly 100% converted.