It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:59 pm Advanced search

AHP Everlast customer lack of support

A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products

AHP Everlast customer lack of support

Postby ljdm1956 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:24 am

never mind.
Last edited by ljdm1956 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ljdm1956

Re: AHP Everlast customer lack of support

Postby weldin mike 27 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:41 am

We've had a number of members on here that have dealt with both companies and had no issues. Is your email working? I can't understand why you would not get replies from completely separate companies? Unless you we rude about it. What about calling them or trying facebook messenger?
weldin mike 27
Weldmonger

Postby Artie F. Emm » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:50 am

Everlast has a toll free number to contact the sales group directly, as i recall. I can't speak to their ability to answer emails, but if the email was something non-specific like "is it available" they may prioritize that lower, who knows. The Everlast forum would likely generate a response: the moderators there are mostly tech support but can answer basic questions.

Both Everlast and AHP are also sold at Home Depot, which might widen your available purchasing venues. Prices are higher than Amazon but it might make returns easier, if it comes to that.

Sounds like you're narrowing down a decision... good luck!
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Artie F. Emm
Weldmonger

Postby ljdm1956 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:51 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:We've had a number of members on here that have dealt with both companies and had no issues. Is your email working? I can't understand why you would not get replies from completely separate companies? Unless you we rude about it. What about calling them or trying facebook messenger?

Rude? Nope. That never helps! To be clear, Everlast only didnt reply to one of my questions, in the past ive had great response from them, i already own an everlast machine. AHP has yet to answer anything ive asked.
ljdm1956

Postby ljdm1956 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:18 pm

Deal is done. I SPOKE with an AHP sales person earlier today. Latest shipment arrived earlier than the expected 2/15 date. Web site sells the Alphatig 200x for 800.00, but AHP is selling through Amazon for 680.00, promotional price, same exact machine. Needless to say, I went for the Amazon price. 30.00 shipping. I guess phone call works better than email. Now is the hard part, waiting for delivery. I'll post reviews as I see use different functions
ljdm1956

Postby LtBadd » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:50 pm

ljdm1956 wrote:Deal is done. I SPOKE with an AHP sales person earlier today. Latest shipment arrived earlier than the expected 2/15 date. Web site sells the Alphatig 200x for 800.00, but AHP is selling through Amazon for 680.00, promotional price, same exact machine. Needless to say, I went for the Amazon price. 30.00 shipping. I guess phone call works better than email. Now is the hard part, waiting for delivery. I'll post reviews as I see use different functions

Sounds good, I've read others who have liked this machine...maybe email is the new snail mail :lol: or some people just don't understand what customer service is!
Richard

Insert witty, sarcastic, or philosophical remark here.
LtBadd
Weldmonger

Postby weldin mike 27 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:14 am

Emails can get lost, so make sure you activate the read receipt function.
weldin mike 27
Weldmonger

Postby ljdm1956 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:38 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:Emails can get lost, so make sure you activate the read receipt function.

I've learned my lesson, no more emails. I've been having pretty good luck with phone calls, sales and tech support. The Tech number is an East coast number so its nice to be able to speak with someone during EST hours.
ljdm1956

Postby weldin mike 27 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:18 am

Good to hear. Emails are very handy though, as you have a record of what was discussed. A persons word is just that, but a written email discussing prices and dates may be considered tangible.
weldin mike 27
Weldmonger

Postby LtBadd » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:31 am

weldin mike 27 wrote:Good to hear. Emails are very handy though, as you have a record of what was discussed. A persons word is just that, but a written email discussing prices and dates may be considered tangible.

Good point, in the course of a phone call I ask the person to follow up with an email detailing the price and delivery as discussed, or whatever the applicable info per the conversation
Richard

Insert witty, sarcastic, or philosophical remark here.
LtBadd
Weldmonger

Next

Return to Product Reviews