A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Most hoods in the $120- $200 range are good quality hoods that will last you for years. Then you just need to pick based off of the features you want.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

TWS Student Darek wrote: Budget really isn't an issue, I'm just thrifty. I don't need a wide lense $500 hood when you are only looking at an area no bigger than an inch or 2. I just want a pipeliners hood with a clear auto lens. I like the customization that can be done with a tiger hood or something like it.
Nothing wrong with being thrifty, and there is a reason a lot of hoods have a larger viewing area, I would recommend the Striker Supreme hood by USA Weld, it's lens is a little bigger then the 2 x 4, yet smaller then many "wide" lens out there. It has an optical clarity rating of 1/1/1/1, which is the highest possible, and at a reasonable cost. Also includes the adjustable sensitivity and delay, very useful features.
Richard
Website
    Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:53 pm

I know I am late, too late probably but maybe someone else may find it useful.

two guys I work with have arc one carreras with 2 different lenses, one cost 86 bucks the other 113 and both are good hoods w/ variable shade. oddly enough the 86 dollar one is much clearer.

I just reviewed the Vulcan hood and would recommend it as well if you want to spend around 130.
the heck with the duty cycle on the welder, tell me about the duty cycle on that grinder !!