A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
Cncdave
    Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:38 pm

What would you buy, the dynasty 280 or the Everlast 255ext?
This will be used in a small garage shop business. Mostly aluminum up to 1/4”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

If you have the money buy the Dynasty. You will never look back.
I would love to have one.
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Dynasty by a mile!

cj737 wrote:Dynasty by a mile!
Not sure about a mile but at least a kilometer or so :lol:
Richard
Website
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

My third aluminum TIG machine is a Dynasty 280DX. As you learn more about aluminum TIG, your craving for a Dynasty will grow. I sometimes wonder if I should have bought a 350. I absolutely love my Dynasty.

Willie
cj737

Bill Beauregard wrote:My third aluminum TIG machine is a Dynasty 280DX. As you learn more about aluminum TIG, your craving for a Dynasty will grow. I sometimes wonder if I should have bought a 350. I absolutely love my Dynasty by miles and miles.

Willie
FTF Lt Badd
Bill Beauregard

cj737 wrote:
Bill Beauregard wrote:My third aluminum TIG machine is a Dynasty 280DX. As you learn more about aluminum TIG, your craving for a Dynasty will grow. I sometimes wonder if I should have bought a 350. I absolutely love my Dynasty by miles and miles.

Willie
FTF Lt Badd
FTF?
cj737

Fixed That For (You)
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

$$$----- 2 Everlast = 1 Dynasty
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
cj737

rick9345 wrote:$$$----- 2 Everlast = 1 Dynasty
‘Tis true, but also consider, search eBay and craigslist and compare the value of used machines. Miller Dynastys retain their value to near-new level for years and years. I doubt an Everlast will. Plus, local warranty service, abundance of parts, and software upgrades to extend the feature set, it’s hard to argue with the reason why the Dynasty is the premier TIG box. Not that the Everlast aren’t good machines too, but they are a level “below”.
Bill Beauregard

Highways are full of cars. Some drive high end cars, others drive low end. And there are a lot in between. Is it bad to buy a cheap car? Is it wrong to buy a Mercedes?
'Stang
    Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:12 pm

Bill Beauregard wrote:

Highways are full of cars. Some drive high end cars, others drive low end. And there are a lot in between. Is it bad to buy a cheap car? Is it wrong to buy a Mercedes?
I would go Dynasty anytime. I have the 200DX. It has never given me any problems. Great machine! BTW, I also drive a Mercedes! Gotta love it! Life is good!
ljdm1956
    Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:29 pm

'Stang wrote:
Bill Beauregard wrote:

I would go Dynasty anytime. I have the 200DX. It has never given me any problems. Great machine! BTW, I also drive a Mercedes! Gotta love it! Life is good!
Gotta chime in here...... Love to drive a Mercedes, but still would drive a KIA rather then walk(pretty good analogy, huh? LOL)
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

If you have the money buy the Dynasty. You will never look back.
If you are using it to make money and earn a living, then go with the Dynasty. if the Dynasty craps the bed, you go to you LWS for service. If the Everlast craps the bed, you are going to have to MAIL the welder to California for service. And after the first 30 days the cost of mailing that unit (both ways) is at your expense. If it was me and I was making a living with it, I am going for local service every time, regardless of who makes the unit.
Multimatic 255
Bill Beauregard

Miller has been great at solving problems. The Dynasty has not given any problems, but other Miller products have. Miller has fixed, or replaced, no questions.

While I don't like the way Airgas does business, in the corporate sense, local employees have been great!

Willie