A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
    Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:53 pm

I have been wanting to replace my hood ever since I got the square wave 200, my old hawk was flashing me. money wasn't the hold up for a change I just wasn't satisfied with any of the hoods I demoed except the esab sentinel, It is awesome but lucky for me it was out of stock.

long story short I was in harbor freight just browsing and happened upon the new Vulcan hood, it looks to me just like the Viking 3350 which I had demoed and liked but didn't love so I tried one since I had 90 days to take it back.

I really like it, I can finally see what I am welding in all processes. to my eyes it is actually clearer than the 3350 + it takes standard cheaters which I have to have and if I mange to destroy it I'm out 130 bucks not 300.

I like it well enough that I went ahead and painted it to make it mine and added my cape. the only thing I don't like about it is one of the same things I disliked about the Viking, the head gear gets irritating at the adjustment knob and in my opinion they could have dropped a buck or 2 off the price and used a shadow or arc one head gear and been ahead of the game but it isn't a deal breaker for me because I rarely wear it more than half an hour at a time without having to switch to drilling, grinding or some other task.

if anyone else has/or had one I would like to know your thoughts as well,
the heck with the duty cycle on the welder, tell me about the duty cycle on that grinder !!