A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
Dirtynails
    Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:49 pm

Looking for the nicest 2x4 auto filter. I had a Tradesman... did not like it. S240 is better. All the the "Colts" made lenses are about the same it seems. Specifically looking for a review on the Tigerhood FMP BM11 and/or the Optrel Nova. Is the Fibre Metal version the same thing as the Nova? Single sensor in the middle.
Optrel says that their single sensor is superior in construction and quality and they don't need 2 cheaper sensors.
Or, you just get what you get and sorry you wasted your money.
I am a lens geek. Just looking for Optrel and Fibre Metal 2x4 opinions from welders that have actually used them.

Side note: Helmets I have owned and some traded off. Miller digital elite, Miller Titanium, Speedglass xxi, Speedglass 9002NC.
For a regular auto I like the 9002NC because it is less bulky than the xxi. I seem to go back to passive when it works. Lincoln Super-visibility, Phillips Safety gold, green, PS Alloweld. Glass AO Weld Cool shade 10 and 12 have best clarity ever in my opinion so far The plastic AO weld cool should go in the trash.
How is the Nova and fibre metal 2x4 compared to all of the others? Is there a non-amber puddle color 2x4 auto?
Thank you for your time. I have been researching for a week now.

Dirtynails