A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
Jvineyard51
    Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:16 pm

Im stuck between the Miller infinity and the 3m speed glass 9100v I am a pipe fitter so do alot of stick and Tig welding I just want something that has the clearest view plz help me out
I need help with deciding what new helmet to buy I am stuck between the Miller infinity or the 3m speedglass 9100v both are around 250 but I don't know what one to get I am a pipe fitter if that helps to any one to help me pick
Plz help out
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I use the Viking/Lincoln 2450. I’m a fitter out of local 125. Had it for about 5 years now. But it’s cheaper than what your looking at. Around $200. Or less.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I have the infinity and absolutely love it. Had it for almost 2 years. My buddy has a newer one with the new lens and holy heck! It is he clearest lens I have ever seen. I just bought a t94i with a similar lens and WOW!
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
SteveM
    Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:14 am

I have a speedglass 9000 and the miller infinity. I bought the miller because the speedglass was flashing me with tig. I'm sure the 9100 doesn't have that problem.

I love the miller, but it's a lot heavier than the speedglass. I wish it had the new lens.
anndel
    Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:37 am

Lincoln Viking 3350 with 4C lens.
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

i use an outlaw leather flip front with an arcone auto dark lens. it's good for getting into those tight spaces in pipe chases and won't break the bank plus it doesn't have those cheesy graphics plastered all over it.
DLF
  • DLF
    Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:58 am

I also have the Miller Dig Infinity. Lovely piece of kit for bench work but it is a bit on the heavy side (big LCD) so out of position work tends to pull the hood sideways.

One must tighten the tension screws for it to stay up, but the headgear is a little flimsy for my taste. The top head support broke and replacements are not that cheap.

Overall for inside work it is superb, but it requires the user to handle it with care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andy101
    Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:21 am

I have the infinity. Lens automatically turns on at the strike of an arc, although quite a few do anyway.

Depends on budget i guess
I also run a power tools review website called https://www.auditpowertools.com/ Latest reviews of power tools and also mig welders https://www.auditpowertools.com/best-mig-welder/