A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

just got a dynaweld/bossweld evo 141 in.
yet another welder, this is becoming addictive

so a quick and dirty review.
no secret that they are Chineseium. the english on the labels is amusing.
its looks like your bog standard cheap inverter with only amperage control and tig/stick switch.
however the odd thing with this model is its "for use with cellulose electrodes".
my other welders either don't run or only just run 6011 rods. so it would be handy to have as small portable welder that can run off domestic supply (240v 10a)
that can burn through crap that you get on repair jobs.

so a quick test with 3.2mm ph31a 6011 shows it runs well. can pull a long arc length without it cutting out.
however locally 6010 is harder to find. so when i get some i will test that, which will be the real test that its setup for cellulose rods.

i didn't get a chance to try other rods.
there is no hot start or dig functions, or "6010 mode" or "cel mode".
so i guess it will be tuned for cellulose only and probably run other rods on the hot side.

the other downsides is the fan runs all the time which is not good when your making lots of smoke.
also the earth clamp is pretty nasty. however the stinger looks ok, more solid than my others.

its sister model bossweld s140 is your typical cheap inverter stick welder and currently sold through bunnings.
which i suspect will run all your normal rods except cellulose rods.
tweak it until it breaks
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

quick update,

got some 6010 in. it runs for a very short while then starts cutting out and simply gets worse and worse.
i suspect its voltage output is on the low side and drops as the machine heats up.
6011 however runs really well, better than my other welders.
tweak it until it breaks