A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
ddenton5
    Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:30 am

Hello,
I'm new to this forum and look forward to learning lots of stuff here. I'm looking for anyone with experience with the Everlast 256D Multiprocess welders. I have a opportunity to buy one that is lightly used and is a couple years old. What has anyone experienced with these machines? It is a tig, stick and plasma unit. I know it's not Blue or Red. And I own a couple Blues... But this isn't a bad deal with all the extras and the consumables that come with it.

Thanks
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi there,

There's a few members who own everlast equipment on here. Most seem very happy. One guy use the stick/tig/plasma machine, accidentally set it to plasma while the tig torch was hooked up, blew the mother board. So that's the only thing I can think of to watch, not sure about mig multi process
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Only question I have is why is he selling it?
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

I wouldn't buy (any brand) combination Plasma/Welder. If one side goes down and it's in the shop for repair, you're done cutting AND welding.
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
ddenton5
    Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:30 am

I'm not using the welder in a business. Then guy selling said he and his dad bought it to learn to weld. His dad passed away and he just doesn't use it much. He agreed that if I come take a look that I can check it all out and see how it welds. I haven't used a welding with all the pulse controls. That's part of reading here and review videos. I've welded for several used and for the most part had access to good HF machines at work. Those are no longer available to me.