A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
cheaton
    Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:29 am

Has anyone used the TIG 200 digital from Eastwood? Wanting to get it to tig welding. I know the ole saying you get what you pay for. But I also know some cheaper brands do well for the home hobbyist. But also want to do a half descent job if you follow me. Sorry Im new here I looked in forum but didn't see anything on this unit. Any input greatly appreciated. Ya'll Have A Great Day.

If you're looking for a budget TIG welder, and red and blue isn't that, then maybe look for an everlast unit that is available thru Home Depot, that way if there was an issue you could return it to HD, check their (HD) return policy 1st.
Richard
Website
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

There have been several surprisingly good reviews of the PrimeWeld 225 AC/DC TIG from reliable sources. For $700 and a 3 year, 24x7 warranty, it is where I’d throw my money for a budget box without hesitation. I would NOT buy a box from Eastwood even if it were free.

My opinion.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I agree that the PrimeWeld 225 looks like a great option for someone starting out and not wanting to spend too much on a TIG. I liked the way it was presented on Youtube reviews.
cheaton
    Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:29 am

Thank ya'll for the quick replies. Checked out the reviews and videos of the Prime 225 and do believe that is what I'm
going with. Maybe later down the road after I master tig upgrade but probably not till this one quits working. Again thanks for replies and thanks for the acceptance to the forum. Have a great day everyone.