A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Whilst browsing Ebay, came across these guys. Rods are Asian, but wire is supposedly made in the USA. I ordered a 50lb tin of E6013 (yea, I like the look of it, so what?! :lol: ), and some dual shield flux core E71T-1C/1M, 0.035" diameter.

Dual shield wire. Ran well. Zero worm tracks, virtually 99.9% spatter free. Two 10lb rolls for $50 shipped. Can't beat that for a hobbyist! :lol:

Tomorrow I'll post up the E6013 beads from the 50lb tin. $100 shipped, not bad.

Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

The rods, or the box? Not sure which one needs to be made in the us to get the label.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

Oh, for the looks, I meant the rods, I like the look of the 6013 ripples :lol: Rods are definitely of Asian origin, wire supposedly in the Kiswel Kentucky plant.

if there's ever a zombie apocalypse, and I need something welded, we all know who is hoarding the equipment and consumables, right Oscar? :lol:
Richard
Website

LtBadd wrote:if there's ever a zombie apocalypse, and I need something welded, we all know who is hoarding the equipment and consumables, right Oscar? :lol:
yea man, gotta fight off those pesky zombies! :lol:
ivan
    Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:47 am

Thanks for your review Oscar! You are literally the only place I was able to find any information on the Kiswel dual shield wire.

Did you happen to check the penetration of the Kiswel wire too? I know there were some issues with the 71M when is comes to penetration.

I am currently trying to compare and find which would be the best wire to use for a winch bumper I am building, which would be painted (3/16" and 1/4" steel). I thought about going dual shield, as its an easier cleanup, looks nicer and supposed to be more resistant to vibrations and flex. However, I am not sure of which wire I should use for the Dual Shield, and I came across your posts.

I know you mention the HTP America E71T1M, Lincoln 71M and Kiswel E71TM in one of your posts. Both the HTP and E71 are about the same price for a 10lb spool (HTP .035 - $49, 71M .035 - $60), but than you have the Kiswel E71TM 0.035" which is only $32 shipped! So are the other two worth the almost double price compared to the Kiswel?

Thank you so much for your post on this! :D