A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
    Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:44 pm

My first product review. Lincoln Electric anti-splatter spray. It works great and does what it's supposed to do, but the best part, and I mean the really, really best part, now when I weld, it smells like I'm frying catfish. Two thumbs up and 5 stars. :)[img]
Attachments
31tEf2bGo-L.jpg
31tEf2bGo-L.jpg (8.63 KiB) Viewed 1888 times

I have never used this, but wonder at $14 a gallon if THIS is a good product.
Richard
Website
ljdm1956
    Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Were you doing Mig, or flux core? Never tried it yet, always assumed it was an overpriced spray that "kinda" worked.
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Not sure about this one, but the sprays I've seen in pressure packs have always been very nasty. Water based sprays are a far better option, just need to find a decent atomiser to get a nice fine spray from the bulk supply.
glivo
    Wed May 08, 2019 3:43 pm

I'm can't remember where I read it, but recently did somewhere, that as good as any other spray anti spatter is supermarket spray cooking oil. Couple of $ a can. I've never tried it but it might smell like frying potato chips to go with your catfish.

Sent from my SGP521 using Tapatalk
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Just beware cleanup of nonstick cooking sprays before painting requires serious cleaning and extra work before painting. As well there not engineered to not compromise a weld, IE they may contain things that will change the resulting weld.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

Has anyone tried this one, certainly inexpensive
Richard
Website
glivo
    Wed May 08, 2019 3:43 pm

Poland308 wrote:Just beware cleanup of nonstick cooking sprays before painting requires serious cleaning and extra work before painting. As well there not engineered to not compromise a weld, IE they may contain things that will change the resulting weld.
Both good points. Well worth noting.