A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
glivo
    Wed May 08, 2019 3:43 pm

Why does it cost Aus $400 to buy a Cigweld TIG foot pedal with an Amphenol 8 pin plug? Even buying one from the States and shipping it over here is only going to possibly save about $20. Probably not after GST is added. :o
Why does it cost nearly $60 to buy just the Amphenol plug if you want to use it on a different pedal or switched tig torch? At least in this instance Cigweld is the cheapest place to buy the plug at list price $30.

I believe Thermal Arc and ESAB use the same 8 pin plug.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Is this the one you were looking at in America?https://www.ssccontrols.com/product/c85 ... foot-contr
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

I think I may have a cigweld 8 pin pedal packed away somewhere. I'll check it out in the morning and post up a pic if I find it.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
glivo

I've seen that one and some on USA eBay. They come in at over $300 after exchange rate. Gst is now added to all OS transaction making it not really worth importing. Similar price when bought locally.

It would be greatly appreciated if you have one lying around unused.

Sent from my SGP521 using Tapatalk
Coldman

Found it, it's a 7 pin, sorry.
IMG_20190510_105648.jpg
IMG_20190510_105648.jpg (90.55 KiB) Viewed 2553 times
glivo

No worries. Thanks anyway.

Out of interest, what would you want for it? I could probably buy the plug and rewire the end of the cable or make a short patch to run from 7 female to 8 male.
Coldman

how bout $50 including post
glivo

Done. Did you mean including post or plus post? I'm good either way.

PM or email me your bank or paypal details and what I owe you. My profile is set up to allow emails or PMs.

I love the barefoot symbol on it. As my usual safety footwear is a set of double pluggers these days, it's going to take a bit of getting used to to go barefoot instead.
Coldman

Here's a pic of the baseImage

glivo

Thanks. I can work with that.

Just noticed: A bit odd that the switch is still shown open with the pedal down.
Coldman

Maybe it's the result of an anxiety

glivo

Well Coldman,
You'll be glad to know that good old JB Weld from Jaycar Electronics has done the job once again. I glued it back together yesterday but was worried about the stress point of the main pedal return spring, which isn't far short of a kid's trampoline spring. Fortunately, it must direct it's energy elsewhere and not into the broken / repaired sector. I still lathered the join up with copious amounts of extra glue after the original set and it appears to be good to go for electrical connection.

JB Weld is amazing stuff. I had a Toyota Hilux 2.8 diesel that I cracked the head on all 4 pots, (but still managed to drive home with water in the chambers). When I took the head off there was, as to be expected, some explosive corrosion around the lip of 2 cylinders so I read up on JB Weld. $10. Applied it liberally and surfaced it, much to the horror of my father-in-law, and put a replacement head on. I drove that vehicle for another 80,000 km after that and sold it still running fine.
glivo

Anxiety gone, for now anyway.