A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
Dmaxman2006
    Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:47 pm

Looking for opinions on a new welding helmet. I have the old Miller elite inferno clear light technology. I honestly like the hood but want one of the new ones. I like the esab hood but have heard bad things abt it. I saw the Lincoln viking helmet and the new Miller elite. Which one would everyone perfer?

I prefer the miller because of the X mode. There're all pretty good and I think it comes down to personal preferences. If you sign up to receive the email newsletter from Welding Supplies from IOC you'll get $15 off your first order.
Richard
Website
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Longtime HTP and Optrel welding helmet user here. Happy with both.

I have the optrel e684 as well, haven't tried the HTP but I have enough hoods for now
Richard
Website
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I’ve had the Lincoln 2450 for about 7 years been great. Use it at work in pipe racks and boilers. Lots of position work. Both inside and outside, like the range of adjustments. Thinking of upgrading to the new larger model, can’t remember the model. Only because I’m not sure how long it will hold up to the abuse after 7 years. I’ll just use it around home.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

Poland308 wrote: Thinking of upgrading to the new larger model, can’t remember the model.
Lincoln's high end is the 3350
Richard
Website
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

LtBadd wrote:
Poland308 wrote: Thinking of upgrading to the new larger model, can’t remember the model.
Lincoln's high end is the 3350
Bought me a 3350 with 4C about a year ago. Still going strong, except for the headgear ratchet starting to get sticky. Highly recommend it. Big viewing area and a decent price tag. Once you get used to the clearer colours going back to the old school green tint is tricky. For me anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:52 am

I got the Miller DE with the build with blue rebate. For the money can't go wrong. No issue with batteries on this one so far. Clarity is good for me. I'm sure there are more clear but also more expensive hoods.

Don't cheap out on safety, good luck.