A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
WelderDan
    Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:50 am

I bought a -Chicago Electric- 14" chop saw from Harbor Freight. I bought a DeWalt blade for it. Lots of wobbling right out of the box. I took the blade off and tightened down the arbor assembly and it still wobbled a lot, so I know the blade wasn't the problem. It didn't cut straight either -- when the angle adjuster is set to 0 degrees it's way off. I have to give HF credit for a no-hassle return.

Well at least you gave it a try. ;)
Richard
Website
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Did you get your dollars back or did you replace it ? And if replaced, what is the outcome ?
WelderDan
    Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:50 am

BillE.Dee wrote:Did you get your dollars back or did you replace it ? And if replaced, what is the outcome ?
I just got a refund. I read other reviews that the machine doesn't cut straight -- I can't stand that. Wobble in other reviews as well. I've got my eye on a Makita 14"...For an extra $80 ($180 total) I think it's worth it.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I have low expectations of any chop saw. I’ve never seen one that cuts true. Cold saw with a carbide blade yes or a band saw.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

+1
Don't waste your money on an abrasive chop saw. Brand doesn't matter, it's a failed concept.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

Coldman wrote:+1
Don't waste your money on an abrasive chop saw. Brand doesn't matter, it's a failed concept.
+1
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

homeboy wrote:
Coldman wrote:+1
+1
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

I really don't have experienced those metal cutting circular saw blades. A friend of mine showed me his,,once. I was surprised there was not a lot of noise and no sparks. He only grabbed a piece of scrap metal to show me the workings of the thing. Don't know about fit up or anything. I was definitely ready to run and also surprised.