A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
    Fri May 08, 2020 2:28 pm

tooln98 wrote:I pulled the trigger this AM and ordered one also. I just checked Primewelds website and they are sold out already. I'm really courious how many they have sold.
Mine's scheduled for delivery today. I'm all ready to get it setup.
DavidR8
    Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:50 am

Deleted
Last edited by DavidR8 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Good for you guys. I know I was pretty excited once it was on the truck until I got it. I was probably worst case scenario being entirely across the country, but David is up in Canada so there probably causes a day or two delay. Mine took a week to get to me from Primeweld.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
DavidR8

Deleted
Last edited by DavidR8 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225
TraditionalToolworks

DavidR8 wrote:It went from Stanton PA to Vancouver BC in 12 hrs. Current status says it's in my city but I don't actually think that's accurate because it the time stamps indicate it made a five hour journey from Vancouver to Victoria in 18 minutes :D
Depending on how you're tracking, I've heard once it goes over the border the tracking is not accurate. Must be at least at the last stamp if they updated it. Is it still marked for delivery today? If so you should get it.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
DavidR8

Deleted
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225

So I got mine all setup. Here's the first weld with it. It's the 20ga corners that the welder is shipped with in the box corners. So far I'm impressed with it.Image

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
TraditionalToolworks

I didn't realize those were to test the system out, but might not be a bad idea to keep them in case you need to ship the unit back for any reason. ;)
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
DavidR8

Deleted
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225
Thatkid2diesel
    Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:38 am

I too thought about welding the corner metal pieces that came in the box, but decided I probably shouldn't in case I need to send machine in for service at some point. I have to find a place to keep the box for 3 years. :lol: Still haven't gotten around to welding with my machine yet, or even turning it on. Hoping to maybe one day this week, if not definitely this weekend.
Hobart Ironman 210
Primeweld Tig225x
Primeweld 160st
TraditionalToolworks

Thatkid2diesel wrote:I too thought about welding the corner metal pieces that came in the box, but decided I probably shouldn't in case I need to send machine in for service at some point. I have to find a place to keep the box for 3 years. :lol: Still haven't gotten around to welding with my machine yet, or even turning it on. Hoping to maybe one day this week, if not definitely this weekend.
I highly recommend keeping the box with the corners intact. Although I have not seen any issues with these machines to date, it's still good to have the box even if you want to sell the machine. Prospective buyers like to have the box. ;)

That said, for my green weenie the box was in such bad condition it wouldn't have mattered anyway. The crappy foam they used was even broken up, and I picked my machine up from the green weenie factory myself. :o (it looked like it was made out of brown Chinese toilet paper)
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
TraditionalToolworks

Best Primeweld video to date. I will give Aaron this, he has a good sense of humor. :lol:

On a generator yet, at low amps.

Collector of old Iron!

Alan
Thatkid2diesel
    Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:38 am

TraditionalToolworks wrote:Best Primeweld video to date. I will give Aaron this, he has a good sense of humor. :lol:

On a generator yet, at low amps.

That was a really cool video. I wonder if the city allowed him to do that? I would assume they did.
Hobart Ironman 210
Primeweld Tig225x
Primeweld 160st
TraditionalToolworks

Thatkid2diesel wrote:That was a really cool video. I wonder if the city allowed him to do that? I would assume they did.
I suspect no, he lives in Utah, so probably less anal than where I live in California, but I doubt the city would be happy about someone doing that. What will they do? Confiscate the bike? :lol:

Pretty funny how it tows the cart behind his motorcycle... :D
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
TraditionalToolworks

And as Paul Harvey would have said, "And then there was the rest of the story..."

Nice touch putting $1.21 in at the end, or should I say $.60 + $.6 + $.01 :D

Collector of old Iron!

Alan
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

That Aaron has one helluva sense of humor. Years ago when I was growing up and still in the one room school house, we used to carry off the favorite teachers VW bug and wedge it between 2 trees the nite before an exam. Couldn't haul welders around, just a little too large and didn't have extension cords.
TraditionalToolworks

BillE.Dee wrote:That Aaron has one helluva sense of humor. Years ago when I was growing up and still in the one room school house, we used to carry off the favorite teachers VW bug and wedge it between 2 trees the nite before an exam. Couldn't haul welders around, just a little too large and didn't have extension cords.
We actually did that to one of our gym teachers when I was in high school, we lifted his VW bug and put it inside a section of ivy that was surrounded by a retaining wall... :lol:

I worked at Sun Microsystems for 6 years, they were the epitome of pranks, April 1st the best. They once put a brand new Ferrari in the pond in the courtyard of the campus which belonged to the VP of Research. They did give him a lifeboat! :lol:
April Fool's prank on Bill Joy at Sun Microsystems
April Fool's prank on Bill Joy at Sun Microsystems
April-Fools-Ferrari-1987.jpg (44.91 KiB) Viewed 10881 times
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
DavidR8

Deleted
Last edited by DavidR8 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225
TraditionalToolworks

DavidR8 wrote:After rescheduling delivery from Wednesday to Thursday and then to yesterday UPS still failed to deliver my 225.
Status is “No update available” and no one can offer any explanation.
Harrumph.
Tell me it ain't so! :(

That's no way to be let down after the wait. I hope it shows up and hope it's not like we see in America when something goes missing...it's usually damaged. However, owning one of these I will go out on a limb and say I think it would be difficult to damage one in shipping with the way they pack it. My guess is it will show up and be fine! ;)

Just sucks that it's delayed... :(
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
DavidR8

Deleted
Last edited by DavidR8 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

DavidR8 wrote:After rescheduling delivery from Wednesday to Thursday and then to yesterday UPS still failed to deliver my 225.
Status is “No update available” and no one can offer any explanation.
Harrumph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've had identical issues with multiple shipments from both UPS and FedEx recently. The packages get across the country to my state no problem, and then just sit for days at that receiving depot. I think it may have something to do with COVID response. Perhaps some sort of quarantining or additional inspection...not sure.

Either way, it's been fun explaining to customers why their parts are being delayed since I can't get the materials and tooling on time! I just send them screenshots of the tracking screens from UPS and Fedex showing the delay.
DavidR8

Deleted
Last edited by DavidR8 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225

Did my first aluminum today. No filler rod yet so it's a straight bead. I'm more than impressed with this machine and I've used many high dollar ones in my day.Image

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
DavidR8

Deleted
Last edited by DavidR8 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225
TraditionalToolworks

DavidR8 wrote:Well I was supposed to receive my 225 last Thursday but it’s been held up due to “unforeseen circumstances “.
No idea when it might arrive.
Kinda bummed as I am all set to go with argon and filler.
I wonder if they lost it?

Happens sometimes in the U.S. Odd thing is that it was tracking into Canada for you and then all of the sudden it seems to have experienced "unforseen circumstances", that seems a bit odd.

I hope they find it and/or didn't damage it. They are packed well so my guess is they may have lost it, I hope I'm wrong and/or they find it soon.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan