A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products

A call to Lincoln could help, the warranty seems clear, maybe it's Airgas causing the problem
Richard
Website
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Oscar, would that headgear fit all of the 3350 vikings? I went wild today and ended up with my teef in my pocket when the lid came crashing down.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

BillE.Dee wrote:Oscar, would that headgear fit all of the 3350 vikings? I went wild today and ended up with my teef in my pocket when the lid came crashing down.
I have absolutely no idea. I made mine work because I was determined. It's definitely not a "plug & play" ordeal.
Simclardy
    Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 pm

Oscar wrote:
BillE.Dee wrote:Oscar, would that headgear fit all of the 3350 vikings? I went wild today and ended up with my teef in my pocket when the lid came crashing down.
I have absolutely no idea. I made mine work because I was determined. It's definitely not a "plug & play" ordeal.
I will say the 3350-3 is different than the 3350-4 but the hole spacing might be identical.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Oscar wrote:
Oscar starts a hood mod business... ;)
Richard
Website
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

that's funny, Richard. I think Oscar is our own Rube Goldburg... I really like his gas mixing station. He would probably get along with my great uncle.
Simclardy

Update Lincoln's going to cover it under warranty yay. I called Lincoln they said yeah the headgear gets 12 months at least

Simclardy wrote:Update Lincoln's going to cover it under warranty yay. I called Lincoln they said yeah the headgear gets 12 months at least

Chuck.jpg
Chuck.jpg (21.8 KiB) Viewed 5481 times
Richard
Website
Simclardy

LtBadd wrote:A call to Lincoln could help, the warranty seems clear, maybe it's Airgas causing the problem
Thanks for the idea.

Simclardy wrote:
LtBadd wrote:A call to Lincoln could help, the warranty seems clear, maybe it's Airgas causing the problem
Thanks for the idea.

Welcome

Is Airgas your only option for supplies locally?
Richard
Website
Simclardy

LtBadd wrote:
Simclardy wrote:
Thanks for the idea.

Welcome

Is Airgas your only option for supplies locally?
Yes, they just bough corp brothers, which was a praxair company, back in october.
They where cited as a monopoly but they convinced the powers that be that there is enough competition.
So yeah, here on cape cod, not too many options

Simclardy

Oh, and air gas is 25 miles away from base camp

I made this from videos made by a scsmith on WW:

TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Oscar wrote:I made this from videos made by a scsmith on WW:
I saw it over there. Real nice to see those all together like that. If I had $400 laying around, I'd get one of those Crystal 2.0 helmets...but for the time being I'm gonna need to keep welding with my Miller Elite. :|
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Nice pictures Oscar ,but diffent eyes need different style/color clarity.
I like my Arc Safe Vulcan HF helmet super light wt really nice comfortable head gear. Not for construction/pipeliner rough service.
4 sensors, $149, with coupon 129,replaceable battery. UV charged batt.
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
TraditionalToolworks

rick9345 wrote:I like my Arc Safe Vulcan HF helmet
Rick,

That's mostly what counts is that you like it, since they're your eyes.

Although that helmet sounds like a better version than the may have sold in the past, I still am not sure about trusting my eyes to HF.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
Simclardy

I saw the video on ww. I was wondering if the shade setting was the same on all units? The viking has an analog dial so its not precise even you set it to say 12. It might be 12.25 shade.

rick9345 wrote:

Nice pictures Oscar ,but diffent eyes need different style/color clarity.
I like my Arc Safe Vulcan HF helmet super light wt really nice comfortable head gear. Not for construction/pipeliner rough service.
4 sensors, $149, with coupon 129,replaceable battery. UV charged batt.
I agree. For me it's nothing but Optrel, and an HTP Striker CSV as a back-up. My crystal 2.0 is on order, but I will need to modify it, as it's darkest shade of 12 will not be enough for pushing the limits of my new TIG welder. :D
BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

I never see anyone any more who uses an old-school helmet. I think I've purchased my last LCD auto-dimming helmet. I simply hate the things. I and a friend who works at a local pharma place both bought a similar Hobart Pro helmet a few years back, both have failed and eat batteries in a day now. Both of us bought new helmets that use lenses from Phillips Safety, and I LOVE it. He just stopped here the other day to try my new #6 lens with the additional super-magenta lens that basically makes it a 7.5. Nicest image EVAR!

I own 3 auto dimming helmets, not to include ones I've thrown away. I have been flashed for the last time with those things. Between my new cheapo Lincoln helmet into which I added the two lenses and the cheater, I'm set. Wasn't cheap, probably have north of $250 in a passive lens helmet, but it never fails to start, and the clarity of the optical glass is an order of magnitude better than looking through cloudy-ole liquid in the LCDs. Color is awesome also.
Simclardy

BugHunter wrote:I never see anyone any more who uses an old-school helmet. I think I've purchased my last LCD auto-dimming helmet. I simply hate the things. I and a friend who works at a local pharma place both bought a similar Hobart Pro helmet a few years back, both have failed and eat batteries in a day now. Both of us bought new helmets that use lenses from Phillips Safety, and I LOVE it. He just stopped here the other day to try my new #6 lens with the additional super-magenta lens that basically makes it a 7.5. Nicest image EVAR!

I own 3 auto dimming helmets, not to include ones I've thrown away. I have been flashed for the last time with those things. Between my new cheapo Lincoln helmet into which I added the two lenses and the cheater, I'm set. Wasn't cheap, probably have north of $250 in a passive lens helmet, but it never fails to start, and the clarity of the optical glass is an order of magnitude better than looking through cloudy-ole liquid in the LCDs. Color is awesome also.
Don't your eyes hurt with a 7.5 shade?

BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

Simclardy wrote:Don't your eyes hurt with a 7.5 shade?
Not even a little bit. Keep in mind I'm talking about nothing more than 125 amps generally. If I get into anything bigger I'll put a different helmet on.
TraditionalToolworks

BugHunter wrote:
Simclardy wrote:Don't your eyes hurt with a 7.5 shade?
Not even a little bit. Keep in mind I'm talking about nothing more than 125 amps generally. If I get into anything bigger I'll put a different helmet on.
125 amps? :roll:

Your eyes must be more tolerable than mine. I must be getting old. :oops:
Collector of old Iron!

Alan