A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
    Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:53 pm

Hey All,

I wanted to expand from MIG so I shopped for a 'reasonable' priced TIG. I settled for the WeldPro 200GD with the CK torch. Been using it since December and I a very pleased with it. Sure it is not one of the 'big-named' welders, but for my type of projects it is excellent.

The welder was ordered on December 28, 2019 and received on January 7, 2020. The shipping packaging is unbelievably good. The unit could survive being tossed out of a delivery truck going 50 mph. In my opinion, this says a lot about WeldPro’s pride in their product. (S/N 319069901312)

The ‘fit & finish’ on the welder is excellent. The one and only knob on the unit is easy to grasp even with welding gloves on. The rotation is very fluid and gives good tactile feedback. Navigating the control panel is intuitive and is controlled with micro buttons - also easy to use wearing gloves. The panel appears to be nicely sealed from dust without the need for additional covering.

High frequency starts are crisp with authority; even when using low amperage settings. I opted for the optional CK air cooled flex torch and of course I’m pleased with it.

The provided foot pedal is industry standard and is silky smooth without sliding all over the floor. Other accessories include torch button, ground clamp, and regulator.

I’m not yet capable of ‘kanekid’ welds, but I think that this welder is capable of that performance. (I’ll keep practicing.)

What really stands out with the WeldPro 200GD purchase is their Technical Support. Should you need to call, you will not be answered by a foreign country’s Customer Relation bank of people that handles many other clients and products….. Your call is answered by Mr. Joe West. He is always ready to provide assistance or answer any questions.

I still learning and this little yellow box I'm sure will help.
Everyday I try to be the man my dog thinks I am.