A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
ShooterMartin
    Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:13 pm

I’ve been welding for only a couple years now but I tend to lean toward cheap denim shirts from goodwill or another thrift store because they are 100% cotton, relatively fire resistant (especially with heavy starch), and you can get one for $4-$10. I also have a number of the Wrangler pearl snap work shirts that come essentially “pre-starched”. They are also fairly FR but when they start falling apart they don’t stop. Finally, I have one Rasco FR that has burned several times and started tearing up but the sleeves hold up well, and I have a Carhartt FR that has held up very well.

What shirts or jackets do y’all normally wear and what kind of welding do you do? Are there any brands or products that you swear by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:52 am

I mostly tig, but generally still suit up. I normally wear a Miller split hide welding jacket, which is very comfy for a full jacket. For general fab when jacket is off, I wear a tshirt and sometimes a dickes denim work shirt if its cold or grinding a lot.

When I stick weld, denim shirt under the miller. Summer ill probably tshirt under the miller.

I am mostly a weekend warrior so my welding gear gets used 1/2 per week tops sometimes less. All of my gear needs to be usable not welding such as the demin work shirt which doubles as a casual long sleeve. the jacket is the only welding specific item tbh, maybe my carharrt overall bib too.
    Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:52 am

Check out this podcast the WTTP guys did. Its a good listen in general.

https://wttpodcast.libsyn.com/welding-t ... -work-wear