A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

For any of you with Chinese welders, you know how crappy the stinger and clamp are. My Everlast green weenie didn't have too bad of a clamp, but it paled in comparison to this 300 amp Lincoln. My green weenie is only 200 amps, but the Lincoln clamp only costs $6.25 on Amazon. I bought this about a year ago, but had to use my Chinese quick connect as the Lenco wouldn't fit properly. I prefer this style to the Tweco, but we all have our preferences. :roll:

Tonight I figured out what the problem was, as it turns out the Chinese Dinse 35 has a plastic bezel on it that protrudes out farther, preventing the Lenco from fitting in properly. I used some dykem to figure out the misfit, and to solve the problem I used a small homemade 1" belt sander to take off some of the handle front, allowing the Dinse connector to insert far enough to twist.

I've been using this clamp for a while, it's a great clamp. I used a hydraulic crimper to put a lug on the clamp end and some heat shrink around it. Glad to get the Lenco Dinse on there finally.

Everything is a problem on the green weenie, when I bought a CK torch I had to rotate the Dinse fitting for the torch so that the gas hose could plug in... :roll:

Lincoln 300 amp clamp
https://www.amazon.com/LINCOLN-ELECTRIC ... 326&sr=8-2

No 2 welding cable, when I bought this it was $1.15/ft, it's gone in the past year, I used 25', now it's $1.60/ft.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WELDING-CABLE- ... 2749.l2649

Sanding on 1" homemade belt sander:
Sanding on 1" homemade belt sander
Sanding on 1" homemade belt sander
sanding-on-1-inch-belt-sander.jpg (58.42 KiB) Viewed 1850 times
After sanding handle back:
after sanding the handle back
after sanding the handle back
after-sanding-handle.jpg (40.65 KiB) Viewed 1850 times
Lincoln 300 amp clamp:
Lincoln 300 amp ground clamp
Lincoln 300 amp ground clamp
lincoln-330-amp-clamp.jpg (45.02 KiB) Viewed 1850 times
Perfect fit with Lenco Dinse 35:
Perfect fit!
Perfect fit!
ground-clamp-fits-perfectly.jpg (43.91 KiB) Viewed 1850 times
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I’ve had to do do the same thing to my lenco connections so that they work on both my Lincoln 210MP. And mt ThermalArc 186.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Those lincoln ground clamps are a good value, I picked up a couple from Home Depot myself a while back.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I have more questions than answers

Josh
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Poland308 wrote:I use these.
That's the style I referred to as the Tweco style, I have tried one of those on a friends machine and wasn't crazy about them. Those do seem to be popular as an aftermarket clamp.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan