A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

Grimjaud wrote:My location is not a secret (Austria), but not important.
There is only one problem with "mid-of-the-road brands" in Europe.
There are no tons, this is the smallest market share. You will find only better china stuff.

Fronius is the leader in austria. In Industrie and private workshops. You will find in every second home workshop a fronius. Most of them are stick welder and older than 30 years.

What I intend to do is buy a cheaper MIG what should function the next 3 years. than i will upgrade my electrical system to 32A.
i don't know what euro countries you can buy from.
but we get quite a few euro brands here.
in fact i see we have a $1200 euro 350 amp mig machine (actually its a multi process, i think its 16 amp 3 phase)) for sale at the moment (tho freight from here is extremely expensive).
https://www.globalweldingsupplies.co.nz ... ku=MM350CP its the budget brand and i think thats actually made in Europe. so odds are you could get a similar one in Europe.

who do you buy welding gas from?

also what are you welding that requires a 300 amp welder? love to see some pics sometime.
tweak it until it breaks
Grimjaud
    Sat May 23, 2020 6:44 am

Thanks for your effort. Now I will look at everything, evaluate it and decide. Since I am in short-time work, I have a lot of time.
Linde https://bit.ly/2XBSr6t
also what are you welding that requires a 300 amp welder?
I am welding a rotatable welding positioner (or rotatable welding table) for heavy peaces .
A metal router and a double column drill with 1500 mm extension arm. The plates have a thickness of 25mm. All materials are from the company junkyard.

I bought three engines in Russia. from a T 72, BMP-1 and BMP3. The three engines were in the package and an absolute bargain. :o Even for the condition of the engines. :cry: I have to do a lot of welding and make some parts myself.
Engines will arrived me in one month.... I hope. Damed Covid 19
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

Grimjaud wrote:Thanks for your effort. Now I will look at everything, evaluate it and decide. Since I am in short-time work, I have a lot of time.
Linde https://bit.ly/2XBSr6t
also what are you welding that requires a 300 amp welder?
I am welding a rotatable welding positioner (or rotatable welding table) for heavy peaces .
A metal router and a double column drill with 1500 mm extension arm. The plates have a thickness of 25mm. All materials are from the company junkyard.

I bought three engines in Russia. from a T 72, BMP-1 and BMP3. The three engines were in the package and an absolute bargain. :o Even for the condition of the engines. :cry: I have to do a lot of welding and make some parts myself.
Engines will arrived me in one month.... I hope. Damed Covid 19
linde/boc usually has welders. a little surprised none on their site.

looks like you have some interesting projects lined up. 8-)
tweak it until it breaks
Grimjaud

Do you know this situation. You have a plan, you are about to implement it. And only with an sales advertisement you throw your plan over the heap. That happened to me. To make it short. I am now the proud owner of an Fronius TransPuls Synergic 2700 (second hand 2500 €) and an old (label unknow) stick welder 500A from the scrap yard (100 €). I need 2 hours to repair the stick welder. 8h to install a new 400V 32A Powerline. Now all my problems are solved i can start with my project. :D
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Grimjaud wrote:Do you know this situation. You have a plan, you are about to implement it. And only with an sales advertisement you throw your plan over the heap. That happened to me. To make it short. I am now the proud owner of an Fronius TransPuls Synergic 2700 (second hand 2500 €) and an old (label unknow) stick welder 500A from the scrap yard (100 €). I need 2 hours to repair the stick welder. 8h to install a new 400V 32A Powerline. Now all my problems are solved i can start with my project. :D
Well, having bought the Fronius you can now live the mantra...buy once, cry once! :D (although it seems you've bought 2 or 3 times, so now you can learn the mantra! :lol:)

Congrats, that's a heck of a machine.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
Deano56
    Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:28 am

this machine comes from Chenzhen and cost nearly 10K us??
Grimjaud

This machine is build in Austria !!