A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
Grimjaud
    Sat May 23, 2020 6:44 am

Is there anyone who have informations or experience with this welding mashine or know wich company stand behind Giantz ? I was surprised that the MIG Welder is only available in australien.

The most shop´s didn't make international shipping. Who know a welding shop in australia with international shipping ?

Iám interestet to import this welding mashine. I know its a china welder and a risk. But i dont find a 300A welder (with this price) how need lesser than a 16A power plug.

Sorry for my english, i am out of exercise to write in corect english. :oops:

Grimjaud
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Never heard of them. Getting hard to keep track of all the brands coming out these days. I did however very much enjoy this marketing picture comparison they have on their amazon page to show their superiority over other welders :lol: :lol: :lol:
Screenshot_2020-05-24 GIANTZ 300Amp Gasless MIG Welder Inverter MAG MMA DC Welding Machine Portable Amazon com au Home Impr[...].png
Screenshot_2020-05-24 GIANTZ 300Amp Gasless MIG Welder Inverter MAG MMA DC Welding Machine Portable Amazon com au Home Impr[...].png (349.36 KiB) Viewed 10090 times
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

What is your location?
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

Grimjaud wrote:Is there anyone who have informations or experience with this welding mashine or know wich company stand behind Giantz ? I was surprised that the MIG Welder is only available in australien.

The most shop´s didn't make international shipping. Who know a welding shop in australia with international shipping ?

Iám interestet to import this welding mashine. I know its a china welder and a risk. But i dont find a 300A welder (with this price) how need lesser than a 16A power plug.

Sorry for my english, i am out of exercise to write in corect english. :oops:

Grimjaud
its a fake.

there has been quite a few similar machines been advertised downunder recently.
pretty common to get made up amp numbers. they simply make the display read higher than it actually is. there is a few give aways that suggest its probably a 200 amp machine.

if they have to trick people into buying it you can bet its total junk.
tweak it until it breaks
Grimjaud

I hoped really this was no fake. But welder dates sounds to good to be real. I wrote the Dealers to mail me an datesheet. Never came a answer. That´s answer enough.
And the quest for a new mig welder start again.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Consider a multi purpose machine like the Lincoln MP 210. I bought one and even though it has capabilities to stick and tig it is 80% a solid mig machine 10% tig and 10% stick so if you’re only going to Mig. Then it’s a great machine and it gives you some options to try some other methods.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Grimjaud

I have a TIG/MMA welder with 330Amp. I search for a MIG welder with 300 Amp and a maximum Plug in with 16A.
The next problem is i dont like multi purpose machines.
I have 220V and 400V powerline. The thicknes of the powerline and they fuse allowed max. 16A input power. I hope i have write it understable.
Coldman

I don't think 300amp mig is possible in 220v 16amp. I think for sure you'll find it in 400v 10amp. Is that ok?
Grimjaud

Sure, i have write i have 220V and 400V in my workshop.
Coldman

I'm in the wrong part of the world to say for sure but I think the best bet would be to source a good used brand name transformer three phase mig from local machinery auctions, CL etc. to stay in your budget. These machines are usually bullet proof and will work well into the future.
tweake

Grimjaud wrote:I have a TIG/MMA welder with 330Amp. I search for a MIG welder with 300 Amp and a maximum Plug in with 16A.
The next problem is i dont like multi purpose machines.
I have 220V and 400V powerline. The thicknes of the powerline and they fuse allowed max. 16A input power. I hope i have write it understable.
you simply cannot get a 300 amp machine that runs on a 16 amp single phase plug. this is one of the many reasons that welder is a fake.
300 amp machines are typically 3 phase 400v.
i have family with 250 amp and 275 amp single phase machines but they run a 20 amp socket.
the biggest welder you can get with 16 amp plug is around 210 amps.
tweak it until it breaks
Grimjaud

All my welding machines run with 400V.
tweake

Grimjaud wrote:All my welding machines run with 400V.
so why look for a 220v welder?
300+ amp 400v 3 phase welders are common as mud.
tweak it until it breaks
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

tweake wrote:
Grimjaud wrote:All my welding machines run with 400V.
so why look for a 220v welder?
300+ amp 400v 3 phase welders are common as mud.
Because he's cheap??? :roll:

He probably lives somewhere they aren't common as mud, he avoided the question where he's from up above. ;)
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
tweake

TraditionalToolworks wrote: He probably lives somewhere they aren't common as mud, he avoided the question where he's from up above. ;)
there is not many countries in the world that use that style of electrical socket and voltage ;)
tweak it until it breaks
TraditionalToolworks

tweake wrote:there is not many countries in the world that use that style of electrical socket and voltage ;)
Well, Australia is one of them, but I don't think he's in Australia. I believe he's in a country where welders are not as common, so that's why he's looking at a cheap alternative. ;)

I hope he proves me wrong. :D

There's one problem with the types of welders you speak of. Weight. They're not light and not cheap to ship. :o
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
Grimjaud

I never said that I'm looking for a 220 V welding machine. The Giants have 220V, it's random. I prefer 360V. Welding machines are very expensive in my country. A good 350A welding machine (Fronius) costs 5500 €. But you need a 32A Plug. China welder with 300A and 16A Plug 1200 € - 2500 €. My father-in-law buys a 300A TIG in Shanghai. With shipping costs and taxes, he pays 620€. With other colors and company names you pay 1800 €. Not a dream or the best, but the TIG make her job. The only bad thing is all labels are writen in chinese.

I found a MIG Pulse 270 (360V 16A Plug) that looks fine. I am in contact to get a data sheet. I will see.
Coldman

Is your location a secret?
tweake

Grimjaud wrote: A good 350A welding machine (Fronius) costs 5500 €
fronus is an absolute top end brand. they are some of the most expensive you can get.
most normal people do not buy them.
but there is usually a ton of middle of the road brands around.
however not many 3 phase machines are hobby welders, they are generally all commercial machines with a suitable price tag.
tweak it until it breaks
Grimjaud

My location is not a secret (Austria), but not important.
There is only one problem with "mid-of-the-road brands" in Europe.
There are no tons, this is the smallest market share. You will find only better china stuff.

Fronius is the leader in austria. In Industrie and private workshops. You will find in every second home workshop a fronius. Most of them are stick welder and older than 30 years.

What I intend to do is buy a cheaper MIG what should function the next 3 years. than i will upgrade my electrical system to 32A.
Coldman

Knowing your location is important because now we know what's going on and can appreciate your situation. We are spread out all over the world here, how can we be expected to give meaningful answers to your question if we don't know where you are and your local market?
I have an Austrian made stick/tig welder Castolin Eutectic. Nearly twenty years old now still like new although I rarely use it these days. Paid plenty of money for it new, before the bamboo units hit the market.
I'm guessing the second hand market is limited out your way. Low priced imports would have to be CE too so you can't just buy a second hand unit from say America and have it shipped over.
TraditionalToolworks

Coldman wrote:Knowing your location is important because now we know what's going on and can appreciate your situation.
Indeed, and in this case to know he's comparing the top of the industry machine and trying to find a less expensive alternative. Fronius is possibly one of the best welding machines on the market and one of the most, if not the most expensive.

What about the Stel? Is that a consideration at all? (Italy, might be pretty pricey as well)
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
Coldman

There used to be a well priced Hungarian mig (transformer type) and also something in Poland. Can't remember the names. Have you tried looking for something over there that can be delivered over to you or maybe go for a day trip and have some paprikas and Tokaji while you're there.
Coldman

Here's a brand new one for 620 Euro. See if you can find a second hand unit for less.
https://weldimpex.hu/weldimpex_termek/W ... ogep#trmaj
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Grimjaud wrote:My location is not a secret (Austria)
Dang it! I was thinking somewhere in the Balkans. I was close...