A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
Gdarc21
    Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:44 am

This is a mig/ acdc tig and stick welder in our area at a good price.
According to specs it will do what it needs to do, but.
My personal experience hasnt been great with lincoln's.
Have used so many lincolns and find the control panels dont like getting knocked around too much. Other than a flextec 650 and air vantage, every other lincoln has needed me to take it to the doctors at some stage.
In fact lincoln kicked off my love of millers. We used to have a 350 petrol/gasoline welder that couldnt keep amp stable( motherboard issues) and had to use the bosses bobcat. Hmm I dream about buying my own bobcat when I can justify it........ ' honey just poppin out to get another stick/mig /smile machine' for the workshop. Hmm :lol:
Gdarc21

I should add that miller is not a viable option in this category, in this area. Availability/cost issues.
Otherwise its 'blue dubba dee dubba di' ;)
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

it pays to fill in the location details.
if i remember right your over the ditch in oz.

why not an EWM?
tweak it until it breaks
Gdarc21

Hi mate, yeah in Oz. Sorry.
EWM are really good just not a grand or two more than all their competition good. That’s hotshot the weldmongers CK tig to Oz kinda coin.
Just saw the Lincoln and on paper it is excellent comes ready outta the box, with all torches. Real value for money. So was wondering about others experience with this brand. Mine has been a bit so so on their cheaper offerings, but then some days I can be a mechanical imma, if imma get close to it.......
Cheers for the reply mate
HQ_Kingswood
    Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:04 am

I looked at this machine a while back but was put off by the duty cycle (from memory it was only around 20%).
I ended up settling on an Everlast MTS lightning 225 as it came with a pedal already and in my opinion better accessories for about another 400$ over the Lincoln (the price of a pedal anyway).
Not only that but the Everlast has a duty cycle of 60% and offers a few more features like 3 different wave forms and just a better display in general.
Pretty decent machine to be fair mate so if you haven't bought something yet we have an Everlast dealer down in Tassie which is where I got mine shipped from.
Kev
  • Kev
    Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:32 pm

Did the Unimig 200 AC/DC TIG ever get considered as an option compared to the Lincoln 200M.

I ask because I'm looking at both and as a complete novice (and at the mercy of salespeople) I don't recognise shortcomings in either.

I've recently bought a Unimig Viper 185 multi and now realise that there a lot to TIG and the machine I have is essentially a "poor mans" TIG machine as best :cry: