A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
Tooms
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi guys

I am new to tig welding and have about one month ago got my self an Kemppi 2300 ac/dc tig welder, i was not finding many reviews on it on youtube so i have there for made a review.

My new Kemppi MasterTig MLS 2300 ACDC TIG welder – Part 1 of 2

My new Kemppi MasterTig MLS 2300 ACDC TIG welder – Part 2 of 2

Thanks
Thomas
austingtir
    Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:07 am

Nice good purchase these are nice machines.

The only thing I dont like about mine is the silly Kemppi torch that you need to buy special adaptors and that to change to an aftermarket torch. Im working on that atm. The TTC 250W torch thats on mine doesnt have a flex head which is kinda a pain at times. And I dont believe I can just buy a flex head for this torch which is highly annoying.

Mine has the watercooler aswell but iv hardly used it yet I want to start using it more now so am buying some gear now to get going.
Tooms

Hi

yes and there for i have also got an CK worldwide flexloc130 with an adaptor with mine.

if you have not seen the video then in the end of video 1 i show the ck torch and the adaptor to connect it.

/Tooms
austingtir

Who did you buy the CK torch and adaptor through? Im looking at a couple of options.

I think I might buy a CK micro torch due to its flexibility for stainless work and maybe persevere with the big 250W, the big kemppi torch considering its not a flex head isnt THAT bad to use its better than most other non flexheads anyway.
Tooms

austingtir wrote:Who did you buy the CK torch and adaptor through? Im looking at a couple of options.

I think I might buy a CK micro torch due to its flexibility for stainless work and maybe persevere with the big 250W, the big kemppi torch considering its not a flex head isnt THAT bad to use its better than most other non flexheads anyway.
first, i got it from Rapidwelding in uk and i have nothing todo with that firm other then i am an customer so this is not an ad

The adaptor i got is call "ADAPTOR 3/8BSP X 1/4BSP FEMALE"
http://www.rapidwelding.co.uk/dynamic/D ... x?c=608538

And the torch i got is "CK FlexLoc FL130 2 Series 130amp Tig Torch with 7.6m Superflex Cable, 3/8" BSP FL1325SF"
http://www.rapidwelding.co.uk/dynamic/D ... 325SF&zl=4

remeber to also buy lens, backcap and so, as my torch was only the torch and i got an gas saver kit with all the extra things like lens, cap and so on.

Hope this help you
Tooms
austingtir

Thats sweet but I now wonder how im going to connect the water connectors. CK use the same type of silly screw connector on those. Why doesnt everybody use a quick connect on the water? It just seems silly not to imo??
Tooms

I dont have watercooler on mine, so dont know it.

try ask the place that you get the gear from what you need and what parts there is need to connect it.

/Tooms