A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

More a person/business review (in brief) than a product review.

I have a Metalmaster Elite 215 Tig/Stick/Plasma that I purchased from TokenTools here in Australia earlier this year. Very happy with the machine and will post a full review once I have more experience under my belt.

Meanwhile, yesterday evening, part way through a project, I lost HF and gas actuation. Dead! I texted Pete at Token. Not only was it after hours, turns out Pete is also on holidays, but 2 minutes later he called me back. He was more than happy to help, and over the course of several texts and calls, we sorted the problem and I am back in action.

This is my second machine purchased through Token and I really cannot fault their after sales service. My latest machine has a 5-Year warranty and I'm confident that Pete and Co. will stand behind it for that time and more besides.

I have no affiliation at all with TokenTools or Metalmaster, just a very happy customer who believes that great service deserves recognition.

Kym
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Good service is hard to find.

Good on you for sharing it!

Steve S

Otto Nobedder wrote:Good service is hard to find.

Good on you for sharing it!

Steve S
Yeah, it seems to me that if you are selling machines that perform well but are yet to establish a market-leading reputation for reliability, the only way to win is to offer amazing backup. Reading some of the (green machine) stories coming out of the states, I reckon that if their sellers just stepped up with after sales service, their brand would do amazingly well in a land dominated by the Red and the Blue.

However...with that said, I imagine it must be a lot easier to offer great after sales service in a country of 22 million people than it would be in a country of 280 million or more. (Sorry, I haven't counted them recently.)

Either way, I know who I'll stick with here in Oz, and I have a couple of friends who know about my experiences who are poised to buy from the same place as a result. Good news stories spread fast and word of mouth is still king.

Kym
Last edited by MosquitoMoto on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Last edited by Coldman on Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

I think they are up to 320 mil now. Man that's alot of chewing gum.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Green machine service is tip top here in Aus. But yours is a fabulous story.

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk

weldin mike 27 wrote:Green machine service is tip top here in Aus. But yours is a fabulous story.

That's good to know. I only really started to gain knowledge of the green machines once I'd purchased my (red!) Metalmaster, but I understand they are very similar (certainly the form factor of some models is very close) and if they are, I imagine they are pretty good units.

Ran out of gas last Friday...been a shaky coupla days not welding. I'm even starting to do...gulp...household chores!

Kym
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I don't think you'll beat your story. I've heard good stuff about the token tools build quality and support

ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

I searched the internet for 6 years looking for a negative review on token tools, never found one, so I bought from them.
I bought a 200 amp ac/dc tig from them and a few months later a 50 amp plasma.
I had an issue not long ago with the foot pedal a quick call to Pete and we had a fix, $4.00 worth of parts available locally.
I have dropped into his shop while passing through and he was more than happy to show us round and talk about the products I was interested in and talk about warrenty and how it works. He was pretty straight forward and truthful regarding the number of machines that came back and the fact that the majority of things could be sorted over the phone.
I'm very happy with the products and his general attitude and approach, definitely NOT give me your money and piss off you get from some others.

Kym,
What was the problem regarding the hf and gas?
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....

ex framie wrote:I searched the internet for 6 years looking for a negative review on token tools, never found one, so I bought from them.
I bought a 200 amp ac/dc tig from them and a few months later a 50 amp plasma.
I had an issue not long ago with the foot pedal a quick call to Pete and we had a fix, $4.00 worth of parts available locally.
I have dropped into his shop while passing through and he was more than happy to show us round and talk about the products I was interested in and talk about warrenty and how it works. He was pretty straight forward and truthful regarding the number of machines that came back and the fact that the majority of things could be sorted over the phone.
I'm very happy with the products and his general attitude and approach, definitely NOT give me your money and piss off you get from some others.

Kym,
What was the problem regarding the hf and gas?
Pete -

I was right at a critical part of a project when HF and gas actuation went away. I must have had a 'brain out' moment (clinically, I DO have brain damage after some neurosurgery awhile back, so I have an excuse!) because while I was certain that I plugged in a torch with a switch to double-check that it wasn't just the pedal, I must have done something wrong at this stage as it seemed the torch switch wasn't firing up HF either.

So I figured it was the machine and called Pete, who despite being on holidays was amazingly helpful.

Later that day I went out to my bench, cleaned up, then calmly 'triple checked' by again testing both the pedal and the torch switch. And using the torch switch, everything came alive. How did I stuff that up the first time? Who knows.

Called Pete to discuss, tore apart the pedal and immediately saw that a badly placed cable tie had meant that pressing down on the pedal was tugging at a wire, which had eventually broken off the micro switch. Five minutes with a soldering iron and I was back in business.

Right throughout all of this Pete was very helpful and even though he knows I'm just a hobbyist he was always looking to get the problem solved as quickly as possible. He is a good man. I honestly dont think I'd consider buying a machine from anyone else.

Kym