A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
bkm659
    Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Any thoughts on Eastwood TIG200? I am in the market for a TIG welder that I can use for aluminum and they have a nice sale. I am a little concerned about the quality and would love a little independent review.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

I took a quick look, and noticed the Eastwood uses MOSFET transistors. From hanging around on the Everlast forum, I believe I read that Everlast is moving away from MOSFETs in favor of IBGT transistors, because they are more reliable. You may want to do more research on that topic, but I think it would be worthwhile time spent.

If I was in the market for a machine I would consider an AHP, also. Soutthpaw, a member on this forum and at Welding Web, is an AHP dealer and would be able to give you all the info. I've never met him or even communicated with him directly, but in reading his posts here and elsewhere he has always offered good information without over-pushing the sales aspect.

Some time back, didn't one of Jody's videos feature an AHP TIG machine, and give the website at the end of the video? I thought that was a yellow machine but can't be sure. When I search for "AHP" at welding-tv.com there's only a hit on a plasma cutter.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Ardan
    Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:50 pm

I recently purchased the video set Jody has out and have been watching them. I know Jody tested an HTP TIG and it had a lot of settings that Jody was adjusting. Looked like he had it running pretty slick. He gave the website as usaweld.com
I don't have any experience with their welders, but I have bought rod from them and it has been a great product and fast shipping.

hth
Ardan
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

That's it, I mis-remembered AHP and HTP.
Dave
aka "RTFM"

Lanse (ChuckE2009) did a video a while back comparing the AHP AlphaTIG 200x, the Eastwood Tig 200 and the Longevity Tig Weld 200sx. I forget what his conclusions were, but here's the URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oISSe0Itq7U

I have an AHP and like it just fine. It performs as advertised. No grumbles. There is at least one more AHP owner on the forum here too.

I was thinking Jody had tested an AHP TIG machine, but I didn't find it right off, so I may be thinking of the plasma cutter vid he did.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

ldbtx wrote:Lanse (ChuckE2009) did a video a while back comparing the AHP AlphaTIG 200x, the Eastwood Tig 200 and the Longevity Tig Weld 200sx. I forget what his conclusions were, but here's the URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oISSe0Itq7U

I have an AHP and like it just fine. It performs as advertised. No grumbles. There is at least one more AHP owner on the forum here too.

I was thinking Jody had tested an AHP TIG machine, but I didn't find it right off, so I may be thinking of the plasma cutter vid he did.
That's the 2015 model AHP in the video. 16' model had high speed pulse and improved torch.