A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
Chuck_junks
    Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:00 am

I received a two pack of this torch today to replace the Praxair ProStar rigid 20 style torch I currently have. Got to work and installed one in about 5 minutes. Right out of the package I liked the feel of the torch... It had a good weight to it and the flex was easy to bend but didn't feel flimsy. It stays put at the angle you bend it to. Also I like the small knurling on the handle. So after purging my lines the first arc I struck at 5-10 amps was smooth, so I ran it up to 250 amps a few times on some scrap 1/2" steel plate. So far so good! For $23.99 I feel I got a really good deal since the knuckle head behind the counter at Praxair quoted me over $100 for for a single flex head torch... After I explained the difference between a 9 and a 20 style torch and why I didn't need a valve on the torch handle.

I have a 10 hour shift tonight welding hot rolled square tube so if I run into any problems I'll update in the comments.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

I have had good luck with tungsten and MIG liners from welding city.
Chuck_junks
    Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:00 am

soutthpaw wrote:I have had good luck with tungsten and MIG liners from welding city.
Looking at getting a whole new MIG gun from them if they perform like this torch.
Cbking
    Sun May 03, 2015 2:57 pm

We bought a 17 from them for our sycrowave 180. After a few months we started have issues with hard arc starts. Went to a CK torch head on the same cable and haven't had any issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
niftyweld
    Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:37 pm

Hey Chuck , where did you get your wp -20f at? on their site seems to be out of stock if you were referring welding city.

I went from: http://www.weldingcity.com/weldcraft-welder-parts.html

into http://www.weldingcity.com/tig-torch-pa ... 20-series/

In the description posted on their website :
Premium quality silicone rubber TIG torch head body WP-20F fully interchangeable with Weldcraft/Linde torch parts.
250-Amp, water-cooled flexible head body.
With H-100 handle sleeve.
Work with most welders from Lincoln, Miller, ESAB, CK, Eastwood, AHP, etc.

Can you link me where you got yours?

Thanks, Michael.
Looking for good deals in Welding Supplies