A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
    Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:45 am

Hoping some fellow past and present Dynasty owners can help out. bought a brand new 280 in September of last year. Four weeks ago the display had a message on it that read "cool pwr" Made sure I had the latest version of firmware in there and then the welder would not power up, at all. Sent it in for warranty work, place told me that it needed a new power board. Two weeks later I received a call back saying now that they had the power board changed they could test it farther. Now the cooler power supply needed to be replaced. Fair enough, My question is, have other owners had reliability problems with their units? And also because it is so new i have the chance to trade it up for a Dynasty 350. more machine than I need for welding power but I do know the 350 has been around for a long time and maybe a more reliable machine.

Seeing as this is my main source of income at my shop, I don't like being without a welder for as long as I have been. Buying a second welder is not financially possible at this time. And the supplier and the repair shop were unable to provide me with a loner.
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Stating the obvious at the risk of offending the red and blue, one could have 2 green or 3 yellow machines with the same warranty delays BU__T, 1 or 2 back ups in the shop working. Just saying. Just an opinion,possibility.
Sorry no help for money already spent,Miller will come through.
Sounds like the local is out of the loop.
Last edited by rick9345 on Thu May 05, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
    Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:45 am

rick9345 wrote:Stating the obvious at the risk of offending the red and blue, one could have 2 green or 3 yellow machines with the same warranty delays BU__T, 1 or 2 back ups in the shop working. Just saying. Just an opinion,possibility.
I understand that fully. Im two years now into my business and have gone from a general automotive repair garage to 80% building one off turbo kits and full exhaust systems. I find it hard to pay for a piece of equipment and not utilize it enough to have it make me money. Tire machines I had were sold after the first because the return on them was not high enough. Murphy's law would kick in and I would never use the back up welder after i got it. Maybe its time to hire anther person to utilize the second welder.