A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

DLewis:
Some people just aren't cut out for working with electricity but in this case.......I believe this guy is just looking for someone to argue with.
Let him go on and find out things for himself (the hard way).
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
    Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 am

Well I can't judge, I learned the hard way in marriage and the cost of that was multiple truck loads of little 120v welders in terms of value. :lol:
AWS D1.1 / ASME IX / CWB / API / EWI / RWMA / BSEE
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

There are a lot of houses built around the late 40's that have original screw type fuses that had only 110 circuits. Even though they had 220 feeding them they would require a changeout or a rewireing of the panel to get a 220 circuit.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

Yep, seen them years ago 60amp was the standard and even seen a few 30amp entrances, but not for over 20 years. Collected a few pennies from the back of those fuses too lol
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

And nickles !
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Bsmith
    Wed May 25, 2016 7:38 pm

DLewis0289 wrote:Ok, now I am curious.....where in the US do you have a service entrance that is only one phase and one neutral? Not saying they didn't exist, they did but in 2016?

My mother in-laws house has 220 in their shop.

Where live I have 220 for my dryer but I don't want to use a extension cord from my dryer.

I rotate between locations, I wanna use it at both.

Does that make sense?
Bsmith
    Wed May 25, 2016 7:38 pm

RamboBaby wrote:DLewis:
Some people just aren't cut out for working with electricity but in this case.......I believe this guy is just looking for someone to argue with.
Let him go on and find out things for himself (the hard way).

Argue, not hardly. Save some money Yes!

I work in a fab shop with plenty Miller's, that I can use everyday. These do me no good at home when I want to practice.

And you did sell me on the everlast 200 it has a much better duty cycle and is dual voltage.

Its just hard for me to justify 400 for just Practicing stick welding. I have 3 young daughters that I support by myself. So I cant just buy whatever I want.

So hopefully you understand why I am frugal.

I am sorry I bothered you with my questions.

Have a nice day.

Yeah that makes sense (application wise not scope wise) Good luck!