A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
thatoneguy
    Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:08 pm

Hey yall I just bought the Rigid vacuum MN: WD1451 and I have to say it is nice. I'm kinda OCD and like my shop to be clean before beginning a new project. This thing works really well and i used it in my truck too. A lot faster and less work than dusting things off and sweeping. Highly recommend it to anyone that hates cleaning up the dust and shaving all the frekin time lol. I'm thinking about making a little platform for it on the wall and just getting enough hose to reach around the shop and then coil it up on a hook to save some space.
Everlast Power I-MIG 275P
Everlast Power TIG 250EX
Everlast Power Plasma 80S
Lincoln AC/DC Tombstone
Smith OxyAcetylene
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

We've got one too. I made the mistake of suggesting that my wife use it on a chore, and now she has a new "favorite" vacuum.

You're right about storage. Ours is big and doesn't fit anywhere very well.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
thatoneguy

Artie F. Emm wrote:We've got one too. I made the mistake of suggesting that my wife use it on a chore, and now she has a new "favorite" vacuum.

You're right about storage. Ours is big and doesn't fit anywhere very well.

I would say the biggest improvement they could do for this vacuum in A. make it more block shaped to stack better and B. make a wall mount for it.
Everlast Power TIG 250EX
Lincoln AC/DC Tombstone
Smith OxyAcetylene
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-4-gal ... /202077241

I keep this one on my work truck. It's about the height of a 5 gallon pail. And works great. I use the hepa cartridge filters and bags. Keeps that fine red boiler dust from coming out the vent hole.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
thatoneguy

Poland308 wrote:http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-4-gal ... /202077241

I keep this one on my work truck. It's about the height of a 5 gallon pail. And works great. I use the hepa cartridge filters and bags. Keeps that fine red boiler dust from coming out the vent hole.
Good stuff. I have thought about getting one more portable but I really don't need it right now. I have enough hose for mine that it can reach around my shop without moving the machine. I just had to put some duct tape where the hoses connect to eachother. Ive pulled them apart a couple times on accident.
Everlast Power TIG 250EX
Lincoln AC/DC Tombstone
Smith OxyAcetylene