Fuel gas heating, bending, welding, straightening, etc.

Been thinking about buying one of these, just curious how long the oxy tank would last.
SR276,320_.jpg
SR276,320_.jpg (18.66 KiB) Viewed 10199 times
Richard
Website
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

That’s what I keep on my truck. It last quite a while. Two acetylene tanks per oxy. I have a cutting head too. You can get tanks traded at most plumbing or HVAC supply houses for about 20$ per tank or less.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:37 pm

LtBadd wrote:Been thinking about buying one of these, just curious how long the oxy tank would last.
SR276,320_.jpg
I have one too
The only down side is cutting steel
I have larger bottles for cutting and bigger Victor Torch
Just save for field work

Dave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Poland308 wrote:That’s what I keep on my truck. It last quite a while. Two acetylene tanks per oxy. I have a cutting head too. You can get tanks traded at most plumbing or HVAC supply houses for about 20$ per tank or less.
Are you doing more brazing then cutting? It always seemed to me (with cutting) that the oxygen always went low first.
Richard
Website
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Probably about 50 50 on the usage. I use a miniature rose bud for any brazing over 1/2inch. I have a small cutting head, but I’ve cut up to 1 inch thick plate with it. It runs about 10 on the acetylene and 40 on the oxy. Still about a 1-1/2 or 2 acetylene tanks to 1 oxy.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

Thanks Josh, you also that answered my other question, if a rosebud was available for this setup
Richard
Website
    Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:37 pm

LtBadd wrote:Thanks Josh, you also that answered my other question, if a rosebud was available for this setup
Yes Victor have rosbud for this torch

Dave

smithdoor wrote:
LtBadd wrote:Thanks Josh, you also that answered my other question, if a rosebud was available for this setup
Yes Victor have rosbud for this torch

Dave

Thanks Dave
Richard
Website