Fuel gas heating, bending, welding, straightening, etc.
Mike Westbrook
    Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:13 pm

So I finally got my two forges all worked out but needed to heat things at the vise without dragging the o a torch over and wasting gas so I just built a mini handheld Venturi burner and was kinda shocked at how well it worked I used a quality blow Chuck some pipe parts and a .025 mig tip for the gas nozzle the hose is two wire hydraulic with swivel ends hooked right into my forge high pressure regulator gas supply simply point at the lit forge and pull the trigger the way I made the outlet nozzle cools the outer pipe while its on so even though it's small it stays cool I run everything at 5 psi so it hardly uses any gas makes for a cheap easy but powerful little blow torch ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Cutting torch hammer and a full vocabulary
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Clever.

Looking at the background in your shop, I realized that I need to send you a 55 gallon drum of MetalResuce :lol:
Mike Westbrook

If you mean the vise stand and anvil and tongs covered in rust well paints overrated they all eat a steady diet of metal scale brown quench water and heat cycling [emoji6]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
BarryB
    Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:23 pm

Beautiful! This is exactly what I need. I see it has been a year since your post, and I'm wondering if you're still using it, and if it's still working to your satisfaction? Any changes you would make after a year's experience with your clever solution?
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Just watch out for flashback issues if making your own torches. They can and will blow up if not designed properly. Trust me ;)
Mike Westbrook

Actually no ...I use it often for lots of jobs it even reaches the wood stove so I lite the fire with it lately I've been burning pine wood projects to expose the grain and did some copper work with it making an ornate copula

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
sbaker56
    Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:12 am

I really need to make something like this, or get a cheap weed burner, When you need to preheat something large in a hurry there's just no replacement for pure raw BTU output.
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

horrible freight has a couple weed burners