Fuel gas heating, bending, welding, straightening, etc.
DavidR8
    Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:50 am

I stumbled across an ad for an oxy/fuel rig, just torches, no tanks etc.
I asked the seller if he also had regs. He said "Most acetylene bottles come with regulators now"
Sent me this pic of his oxy tank with 'built in' reg.

I’m no expert but I’ve never seen any tank with a ‘built in’ regulator.
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

He is mistaken.

I know they cost a bit more, but I bought Victor Edge gauges for all my tanks. I find them to be very accurate, a tad more durable and less susceptible to getting smashed in the shop from all the swinging material. They come for Oxy/Ac, Argon, etc. make sure you choose CFH over LPH if that’s your preference and orientation.
DavidR8

cj737 wrote:He is mistaken.

I know they cost a bit more, but I bought Victor Edge gauges for all my tanks. I find them to be very accurate, a tad more durable and less susceptible to getting smashed in the shop from all the swinging material. They come for Oxy/Ac, Argon, etc. make sure you choose CFH over LPH if that’s your preference and orientation.
That's what I thought too but I thought maybe there were available at some point.
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Only ones I've seen with any sort of built in reg is my big tanks of 92/8 mig mix, those bottles are pressured to 4500 psi. Since thats over what most regulators can take they have 2 ports on the valve, a plugged 4500 psi and one thats stepped down to 1500psi. Though thats not really what you were asking since you still need a regulator/flow meter after that.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
DavidR8

Thanks @jaywal, I hope some unsuspecting seller doesn't believe his story and buy the torches and go to the LWS expecting to get a tank with a built in reg...
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225