Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
OutlawFabrication
    Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Hey guys, new to the forum and wanted to say hi. Had a couple questions for those of you who have any pipeline experience. I own my own shop that builds chassis and suspension parts and while business is good, some days it can be a bit hectic keeping up with orders and days off aren't really days off if you know what i mean. With all of the pipeline work in my area, its almost a no brainer to make the jump and go back to more of a "day job". My question for you guys is what is the ideal machine for downhill work? Im a miller guy through and through but im guessing if most of the machines on the line are Lincoln theres most likely a good reason for that. also if i were to go with a Lincoln, what are the differences between the 200s, 300s, cross countrys, ect..? a buddy of mine has a classic 300D for sale in great shape but id like to hear some pros and cons of each before i take it. i havent been around these machines too much to know what to look for. any help is appreciated!!!
Thanks, Jeff
MotoEngineering
    Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:25 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum I'm a similar welder to yourself but Darrell F is who your looking for he will have the info you need. Regards Bert
alexhladun
    Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:16 pm

New to the forum. Not sure how or where to ask questions. I have questions about a lincoln classic 300D. I am looking to buy used machine. I have found a machine but it has 9500 hrs on it. Wondering, at how many hours a guy should stay away from one of these machines?