Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Oscar wrote:
ryanjames170 wrote:
Oscar wrote:on my machine, using Lincoln rods, 6011 definitely needs a few more amps than 6010, same diameter rod, both on DCEP. Roughly a 10% difference. on 110V? Fuggedaboutit. OCV is only 47V on 110V, vs 67V on 220V input power. Won't run 6010 on 110V. I suspect you need around 60V bare minimum OCV to strike/run 6010 on 110V.
you need more then 62v my AHP wont keep 6010 going at all.. i think its more like 70v though
I don't doubt it. My machine would be on the low-end of that as I usually see no higher than about 67.5V OCV.
its kinda a pitty they cant up the open circut voltage on these little machines but im sure its more to do with how they are able to switch from 110v to 220v with out moving wires around. but with that said it runs 6011, 7018 verry well.
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

ryanjames170 wrote:its kinda a pitty they cant up the open circut voltage on these little machines but im sure its more to do with how they are able to switch from 110v to 220v with out moving wires around. but with that said it runs 6011, 7018 verry well.
Yea, but eventually a young, brilliant electrical engineer will discover a circuit topology to work around this, and discussions of this type will be a thing of the past. Perhaps the hardware doesn't exist yet, but I also feel it's just a matter of time. Just how Cyberdyne systems was amazed at the computer chip from the 1st Terminator that they salvaged----eventually someone will revolutionize something, in a way we can't even imagine right now. "My weldahs CPU is a Neuro-Net processah---a learning computah." [/end ahnold voice]:lol: