Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
RonLyke
    Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:07 am

Has anyone else had trouble with 6010 on the Lincoln Tig 200?

I've read that some inverters don't play well with 6010. I assume any trouble I have is due to the fact that I'm a beginner and don't know what I'm doing, but maybe not this time?
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

RonLyke wrote:Has anyone else had trouble with 6010 on the Lincoln Tig 200?

I've read that some inverters don't play well with 6010. I assume any trouble I have is due to the fact that I'm a beginner and don't know what I'm doing, but maybe not this time?
try some 6011 and see how it goses.. if it runs good and you can weld with it.. its the machine not being able to run 6010 ive tried to run 6010 with my own AHP 160 and evan 3/32 at 115 amps would not run for more then a inch.
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

It has a lot to do with the OCV and the actual welding voltage. If too low, it won't keep 6010s lit.
Rainy
    Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:05 pm

RonLyke wrote:Has anyone else had trouble with 6010 on the Lincoln Tig 200?

Hi Ron, I have a square wave 200 as well and thought I`d better practice up for an upcoming f3/f4 test i need to do. I live remotely off the grid and run my square wave off a yamaha 4600w generator when i need to weld and figured my issue was with the generator. Turns out the generator is functioning fine but the 6010 just wont stay lit. I fired up my brothers gas lincoln welder and sure enough they burned like a dream. So far since I have bought the square wave i have not used it a whole lot. Did some aluminum tig weldig which it worked excellent for and burns 7018 like a champ. Next time I go into town I will have to pick up some 6011 just to see wtf goes on.
I bought this little beauty so i could return my brother`s welder and be able to weld a variety of stuff but i am thinking now lincoln could have worked that bug out of this machine before bringing it to market....bummer. If there is any way around this other than 6011 dont be shy, I`d love to know!
Just an update as I was in town the following day to acquire some 3/32 6011 to try with the square wave. Worked perfectly or should i say it burned well but i still need to brush up lol. Cheers and thanks for the heads up on the 6011