Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
HitMissTom
    Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:18 am

After watching various youtube videos, etc., I was lead to believe that 6010 does not run well on inverter machine and one should use 6011.
I have tried (messed around with) both on DC+/AC with 3/32 and 1/8 rod and while the 6011 seems a little easier the 6010 does seem to work, but is a little rougher looking.
So is the conclusion not to use 6010 on inverters if a choice is available?
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

Not really. It runs fine on many inverter machines as long as the machine was designed to run it. These machines typically have a port labeled 6010 just for this purpose.
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

The Esab 161 and the HTP 221 are two machines that run 6010 very well without special ports.
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

sedanman wrote:The Esab 161 and the HTP 221 are two machines that run 6010 very well without special ports.
Add the Lincoln invertec v250s to that list. :)
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

I read on one our forums a post by I think Poland308 that the Thermal Arc 186 runs 6010 good. I personally haven't tried it, even then I wouldn't be able to give a knowledgeable opinion. Only time I touched a stinger for a long long time was to hang the one that came with a welder in it's cabinet.

Found the post
http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... 2&start=10
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Recently had to replace my little everyday carry about stick welder - not had occasion to use it much but it seems to run 6010 OK if we're making lists of machines that will - not got a separate port but selects it on the panel switch - 3modes - cellulose rods / normal rods / lift tig - the fan on demand & fan run on when unplugged took some getting used to but it seems a pretty decent welder - I really wanted a 211i multi process but could'nt justify the money at the time - maybe in the future - hoping AK might do a long term review on his as impartial reviews are hard to find.

Parweld XTS 202.jpg
Parweld XTS 202.jpg (54.58 KiB) Viewed 2635 times
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Miller Dynasty 280DX runs it fine.

noddybrian wrote:Recently had to replace my little everyday carry about stick welder - not had occasion to use it much but it seems to run 6010 OK if we're making lists of machines that will - not got a separate port but selects it on the panel switch - 3modes - cellulose rods / normal rods / lift tig - the fan on demand & fan run on when unplugged took some getting used to but it seems a pretty decent welder - I really wanted a 211i multi process but could'nt justify the money at the time - maybe in the future - hoping AK might do a long term review on his as impartial reviews are hard to find.

Parweld XTS 202.jpg
Interesting little machine - seen online how much (little) they cost in other countries - color me jealous :)
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

@ Dave.

Now that's funny - nearly everything welding related is cheaper or better or both on your side of the pond usually ! the devalued pound is also hitting prices now - you really would'nt want to pay our gas prices - 6010 is real hard to find & excaliber as far as I know is not available at all - you can buy rods with Lincoln Electric printed on but they are nothing like yours & mostly downright cr#p - so you have little to be jealous over !

noddybrian wrote:@ Dave.

Now that's funny - nearly everything welding related is cheaper or better or both on your side of the pond usually ! the devalued pound is also hitting prices now - you really would'nt want to pay our gas prices - 6010 is real hard to find & excaliber as far as I know is not available at all - you can buy rods with Lincoln Electric printed on but they are nothing like yours & mostly downright cr#p - so you have little to be jealous over !
Well, maybe I'll use a dull crayon to color jealous then.

I still have not tried Excalibur rods, an inspired product name for sure.

Washington Alloy makes a good product that I get for $2 per pound at my local hardware store.
(I believe that would be $4.41 per Kg)

The welding store charges gold prices for rods usually, what are your prices like?
Dave J.

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

If you order online from my Home Depot, 50lb tin of Lincoln 5P+ 6010s 1/8" are $1.36/lb. Excalibur 7018s are $1.28/lb. At these prices, you can't afford not to buy them! You know you want to! :lol:

SUPER CHEAP Lincoln Excalibur 7018/5P+/Pipeliner 6P+ !!!