Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
athana7111
    Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:33 pm

hope somebody reply on this post considering how my gramary and english is horible to my self.i am beginer in welding ,not pro and need help.i have red in this forum all about start and restart(stick welding or smaw).and all posts were about low hydrogen(7018)and celulose(6010)and many pros profesionaly answered to that questions.how to start and awoid porosity and how to restart and tie in previous bead(or weld not sure about termsb).my question is can i aply the same rule for all types of electrodes?start and restart for iron electrodess(7024)acid electrodes(do not know aws type for this one)electrodes for cast iron ,stainlessteel,aluminium etc.or is it mater how to start and restart downhil root plate downhil root pipe,uphil root plate and pipe?filet horisontal filet vertical uph
il?there are so many positions,situations,types of materials and electrodes,joints etc.but so few anwers.been on tube have not found.been on lincoln electric,cobelco,essab and only lh-d electrodes are explained.not for all positions and types of materials.can somebody help?advice?link to some tube video or pdf where i can find answers?or it is something that come with years of expirience?
thanks for any kinde of help.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

athana7111, welcome to the forum.
Stick with the 60xx 70xx rods till you get some hours under your belt the nickle rods are pricey as are other special rods.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
athana7111
    Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:33 pm

o.k Mike.thanks for reply and your time.