Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

so i am wondering what is the best and worst R6010? i have decited since i had a bit of good luck welding with E6010 today on my AHP160ST i would like to pick up some E6010 for a bit of messing around, i just dont want to get something that is totaly junk though.. i know its kinda gamble to get it to run on the inverter based AHP160 but i think i have figured out how to make it work with some decent results.. also i have the miller 2E at my disposal that can run E6010 as well..

also figured this might help someone else too knowing what not to buy.

what i found ran the 1/8 E6010 was running it at 100-105A i suspect this is due to the voltage being higher at this amperage as well as the extra heat from it kept it lit also its seem to not work if i use the whip and pause, this could be due to me not being verry good at it.. how ever if i use the C or horse show method it oddly keeps lit to the point at 105A i burned threw a whole rod.. i was also finding the tigher a shoved the rod in there the better it got.. more tight then i would use with 6011.. i think its all down to keeping the heat up in the weld and rod to make up for the lack of voltage..
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Lincoln 5P+. Creme de la creme.
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Oscar wrote:Lincoln 5P+. Creme de la creme.

what i was thinking but i figured i would ask. i think what i had was some forney 6010 rods.. no idea for sure just ramdom crap from school lol
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.