Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
ZanderJay
    Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:10 pm

It is better for you know the classification of rods so you know how to use them. It will then follow with your knowledge whether you need to use a rod oven or not. With this new knowledge, you are then not afraid of opening your package.
joseph.mowery
    Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:27 pm

Check out page 7 in the miller pamplet at

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/guidelines_smaw.pdf
Ultralow787
    Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:30 pm

Lot's of good replies here!
Is there a place to obtain those silica packs other than scrounging them from electronic items we purchase?
Does anyone have any ideas or plans for building a DIY rod oven? I saw some good things on another post, but thought I heard a long time ago about making a metal box and installing a 100 watt light bulb inside to keep it warm? A small toaster oven would work, but with the lack of insulation, it would be costly to operate on a continuous basis.
Perfection is impossible, but if you strive for perfection, excellence is obtainable!

1983 Canox "Sparkler" 225 AC Stick Welder
Hobart 210 MVP MIG Welder
Harris "Spitfire" Oxy-Acetylene Set
S..Huff..X4
    Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:08 pm

hey fellow welder I have not heard any of our brothers comment on the 6010 to much so here goes.......Your on the farm correct well you deal with rust, grease, oil and many other elements. I also love 7014 its a fast fill fast freeze rod that burns hotter and deposits alot more material you can weld in all positions with it as well. But as I started, on the farm you need deep penetration and may not have access to clean metal. So I would, if I were you get used to the 6010 run it dcrp and keep it handy its a pain for first timers but the weld is deep and will hold up when you need it most.....I may not have answerd all of your question but I hope I added insight
patricholier
    Mon May 30, 2011 11:33 am

Hi

This topic help me a lot in developing my project. I will contribute more when I finished it.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Welder job
Best regards.