Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

sedanman wrote:I want one, but I also want the new one coming from HTP. And my Esab 161 is all that l really "need". How many machines is "too many"?
Would be awesome if you had all 3!
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

I'm good with that, just need to convince the wife, lol.
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Oscar for president, lol.
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

I read threw the tech specs and

the welder on 120V is only running 28A when at its 120A output current at 24.8V and that adds up about right with its quoted efficiency of 89% at 120A also i can handle voltage from 96 to 138V

basically its huge tolerance for voltage and its very high efficiency is why it can weld 120A output on 150 feet of cord on 120V AC

what i would like to see him to is hook it upto the shop wall circut and try this out.. as IIRC the welder generator he has the ability to pump out 88A on 120V so basically it would matter not how far he got away from that generator as long as he could keep the at machine voltage above 96V AC.. I dont think he was thinking of this fact at all when he shot the video or he knew it.. and why he did not run it off the shop wall circuit to this i am unsure.

what i do know is i currently run a freeken AHP160ST off 84 feet of 12 gauge line from a 25A breaker hard wired in mind you but its hard wired in the house garage.. and i can pull 120A off that AHP in short bursts and 105A continues.. and i think if i had 30A breaker i was wired into i think i would be able to getting to 120A would not be a issue for longer duration's.

some food for thoughts..

basically it comes down to this.. the newer inverter machines can do things most welders think impossible due to how the transformer machines perform.. i mean kevin Caron stated this a few years ago about a wire feed welder and how much more effciant the new welder he had recently gotten was vs one that was like 20-30 years old was... and its benefits were to the cost of running his shop.

what i see for mobile welding is fuel savings A good made 6000 watt genny is going to eat way less fuel then a 225A welder generator based on transformer tech espcaily one that can support 11Kw i mean just simple idot math will tell you it needs to have a engine nearly twice as big and evan idling along all day will eat nearly 2x the fuel also upkeep should be less on a smaller generator as well.
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.

sedanman wrote:I want one, but I also want the new one coming from HTP. And my Esab 161 is all that l really "need". How many machines is "too many"?
It's kinda like one's gun collection, I think. If you know how many you have...you don't have enough.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch

ldbtx wrote:
It's kinda like one's gun collection, I think. If you know how many you have...you don't have enough.
Meh, I don't do guns. I do speaker sound systems.

I'm far too ashamed of showing the other shelf of hoarded Cerwin Vega Strokers, so I'll just how my amplifier collection:

10.8 kW RMS of power.
:mrgreen:
PeteM
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

Oscar wrote: Meh, I don't do guns. I do speaker sound systems.
10.8 kW RMS of power.
:mrgreen:

Holy.Crap. :shock:

Now that is the makings of one hell of an audio system! :twisted:

...and I thought my old Carver silver seven T's were ballsy.
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

There is no established upper limit that I know of :D :D :D
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Oscar wrote:
ldbtx wrote:
Nice rack! :D Looks like a 234s down there under the EQs. I like dbx gear a lot. Had several pieces when I was running a sound business years ago. Sold the gear and then discovered that I'm not satisfied with consumer stuff for home stereo anymore. Guess I'll have to buy some more pro gear if I want to enjoy the music completely once again.

Larry
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch

ldbtx wrote:
Oscar wrote:
ldbtx wrote:It's kinda like one's gun collection, I think. If you know how many you have...you don't have enough.
Nice rack! :D Looks like a 234s down there under the EQs. I like dbx gear a lot. Had several pieces when I was running a sound business years ago. Sold the gear and then discovered that I'm not satisfied with consumer stuff for home stereo anymore. Guess I'll have to buy some more pro gear if I want to enjoy the music completely once again.

Larry
Yes sir, dual 31-band eq and 3/4-way crossover. I might end up getting the driverack 6+ to control time-alignment once I build the massive folded horns for the bass bins, so I might end up ditching the analog stuff but who knows. Also not pictured is a Behringer Ultragain MIC2200 Vaccum Tube pre-amp (doesn't fit in my rack case) :)

Sorry for the thread hi-jack.
    Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:37 am

Now that the party is jumping
With the bass kicked in, and the Vegas are pumpin'

8-)
Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing... Oscar Wilde