Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
77cruiser
    Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:27 am

Does any body use it for stick? I have a few times, never got zapped. :)
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I've never used my high frequency but I do use the hot start a lot.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
77cruiser
    Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:27 am

I don't have a modern welder, so I'm not sure what that is. I have a mid 80's Dial Arc 310.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

You know I was just thinking about that the other day cause o was sitting somewhere wasting time and couldn't get arc shots out of my head. The only tig welder I have used is a diversion 180 so the tig torch doesn't come off for stick.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:52 pm

Havend tried by my self, but some guys say, it makes starting a restarting 7018 easier

Enviado desde mi MotoG3 mediante Tapatalk
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

There's a product called the Arc-Pig, an in-line Tesla coil, that makes any TIG/Stick welder HF-start. It's said to be fabulous with stick-welding, but I'm curious if it could lead to arc-marks outside the weld zone (which are often not allowed). I've not tried it, nor have I read any serious reviews of it, but the theory is sound.

www.arcpig.com

Steve S
    Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:53 pm

I really like the idea of the arc pig but for the price you are getting close to the price a decent inverter machine with hot start.
the heck with the duty cycle on the welder, tell me about the duty cycle on that grinder !!
PeteM
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:There's a product called the Arc-Pig, an in-line Tesla coil, that makes any TIG/Stick welder HF-start. It's said to be fabulous with stick-welding, but I'm curious if it could lead to arc-marks outside the weld zone (which are often not allowed). I've not tried it, nor have I read any serious reviews of it, but the theory is sound.

http://www.arcpig.com

Steve S
The FAQ for that thing is pretty funny. :lol:
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

PeteM wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote:There's a product called the Arc-Pig, an in-line Tesla coil, that makes any TIG/Stick welder HF-start. It's said to be fabulous with stick-welding, but I'm curious if it could lead to arc-marks outside the weld zone (which are often not allowed). I've not tried it, nor have I read any serious reviews of it, but the theory is sound.

http://www.arcpig.com

Steve S
The FAQ for that thing is pretty funny. :lol:
It is pretty funny, made me laugh a few times.
if there's a welder, there's a way