It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 11:07 pm Advanced search

7018 on AC

Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects

Re: 7018 on AC

Postby Farmwelding » Thu May 04, 2017 7:00 am

Yeah I was thinking about getting some weld inspection tools in general just to have. I suppose someday it wouldn't hurt to become a CWI too.

As for learning stick-I got to learn on a 35' straight body grain truck-kenworth t800, Cummins 255, 9 speed eaton fuller tranny. No clutch except to start and stop.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything.
warning!! Bad English may be in post. It's off a phone/autocorrect. I've had teachers with worse spelling!
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby Farmwelding » Thu May 04, 2017 10:29 pm

Well as of 5:30 I have officially passed my first weld test. Only one little bit of undercut that opened that was still passable. And then he put me on some vertical t-joints to get that down after we bent her. He also sent me some new 3/32" rods to try since the others were older so we'll see
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (65.8 KiB) Viewed 114 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (43.85 KiB) Viewed 114 times
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything.
warning!! Bad English may be in post. It's off a phone/autocorrect. I've had teachers with worse spelling!
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby Popeye the old miner » Tue May 09, 2017 9:07 pm

Farmwelding wrote:Well as of 5:30 I have officially passed my first weld test. Only one little bit of undercut that opened that was still passable. And then he put me on some vertical t-joints to get that down after we bent her. He also sent me some new 3/32" rods to try since the others were older so we'll see

Good for you!!!! Congradulations
Popeye the old miner
Workhorse

Postby Farmwelding » Tue May 09, 2017 10:20 pm

Popeye the old miner wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:Well as of 5:30 I have officially passed my first weld test. Only one little bit of undercut that opened that was still passable. And then he put me on some vertical t-joints to get that down after we bent her. He also sent me some new 3/32" rods to try since the others were older so we'll see

Funny you say that! I've been trying vertical and WOW I can suck like a gay man sucking a golf ball through a garden hose! As with it all-patience and keep burning.
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby exnailpounder » Tue May 09, 2017 10:28 pm

Farmwelding wrote:

Funny you say that! I've been trying vertical and WOW I can suck like a gay man sucking a golf ball through a garden hose! As with it all-patience and keep burning.

Gosh could I have a field day right here :lol: :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
exnailpounder
Weldmonger

Postby Farmwelding » Tue May 09, 2017 11:05 pm

You could Jeff, but you didn't and I thank you. Any others who try to twist my words will not be appreciated-just a full metal jacket reference. Besides not having a good day. AP calc test all morning, go fishing for two hours with a buddy and get nothing, two minutes after I leave he catches a 15 in bass, then I get to run vertical 7018s for 4 hours and then drive another half an hour back home. Maybe Thursday will be better when I go back up there and run more vertical.
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby Popeye the old miner » Wed May 10, 2017 4:08 am

Farmwelding wrote:You could Jeff, but you didn't and I thank you. Any others who try to twist my words will not be appreciated-just a full metal jacket reference. Besides not having a good day. AP calc test all morning, go fishing for two hours with a buddy and get nothing, two minutes after I leave he catches a 15 in bass, then I get to run vertical 7018s for 4 hours and then drive another half an hour back home. Maybe Thursday will be better when I go back up there and run more vertical.

Patience Grasshopper Patience....it all comes with time and practice...and Patience....you will figure it out
Popeye the old miner
Workhorse

Postby Farmwelding » Wed May 10, 2017 7:24 am

Farmwelding wrote:You could Jeff, but you didn't and I thank you. Any others who try to twist my words will not be appreciated-just a full metal jacket reference. Besides not having a good day. AP calc test all morning, go fishing for two hours with a buddy and get nothing, two minutes after I leave he catches a 15 in bass, then I get to run vertical 7018s for 4 hours and then drive another half an hour back home. Maybe Thursday will be better when I go back up there and run more vertical.

Patience Grasshopper Patience....it all comes with time and practice...and Patience....you will figure it out

To be honest the main thing I'm mad about is the fish...
Other than that I don't care a whole lot. I know it takes time Adam is gonna be a long while.
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby MinnesotaDave » Wed May 10, 2017 9:04 am

Farmwelding wrote:To be honest the main thing I'm mad about is the fish...
Other than that I don't care a whole lot. I know it takes time Adam is gonna be a long while.

Most people I know are happy to have gotten to hang out with a friend fishing.
Then happy for the friend who caught a good fish.
Matter of perspective.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
MinnesotaDave
Weldmonger

Postby Farmwelding » Wed May 10, 2017 10:30 am

MinnesotaDave wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:To be honest the main thing I'm mad about is the fish...

Most people I know are happy to have gotten to hang out with a friend fishing.
Then happy for the friend who caught a good fish.
Matter of perspective.

Well...we actually were having a bet (just a $5 wager) and he caught the fish where I was fishing at so that's it. Not mad about him catching it-more just the irony of me leaving and then two minutes. Still would have rather gone fishing with him than sitting around on my butt regardless. And I can't get mad at a guy for catching a nice fish.
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

PreviousNext

Return to Stick Welding/Arc Welding - Shielded Metal Arc Welding