Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Yeah I was thinking about getting some weld inspection tools in general just to have. I suppose someday it wouldn't hurt to become a CWI too.

As for learning stick-I got to learn on a 35' straight body grain truck-kenworth t800, Cummins 255, 9 speed eaton fuller tranny. No clutch except to start and stop.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding

Well as of 5:30 I have officially passed my first weld test. Only one little bit of undercut that opened that was still passable. And then he put me on some vertical t-joints to get that down after we bent her. He also sent me some new 3/32" rods to try since the others were older so we'll see
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (65.8 KiB) Viewed 1325 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (43.85 KiB) Viewed 1325 times
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
Popeye the old miner
    Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Farmwelding wrote:Well as of 5:30 I have officially passed my first weld test. Only one little bit of undercut that opened that was still passable. And then he put me on some vertical t-joints to get that down after we bent her. He also sent me some new 3/32" rods to try since the others were older so we'll see
Good for you!!!! Congradulations
Farmwelding

Popeye the old miner wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:Well as of 5:30 I have officially passed my first weld test. Only one little bit of undercut that opened that was still passable. And then he put me on some vertical t-joints to get that down after we bent her. He also sent me some new 3/32" rods to try since the others were older so we'll see
Funny you say that! I've been trying vertical and WOW I can suck like a gay man sucking a golf ball through a garden hose! As with it all-patience and keep burning.
Nick
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Farmwelding wrote:
Funny you say that! I've been trying vertical and WOW I can suck like a gay man sucking a golf ball through a garden hose! As with it all-patience and keep burning.
Gosh could I have a field day right here :lol: :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding

You could Jeff, but you didn't and I thank you. Any others who try to twist my words will not be appreciated-just a full metal jacket reference. Besides not having a good day. AP calc test all morning, go fishing for two hours with a buddy and get nothing, two minutes after I leave he catches a 15 in bass, then I get to run vertical 7018s for 4 hours and then drive another half an hour back home. Maybe Thursday will be better when I go back up there and run more vertical.
Nick
Popeye the old miner
    Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Farmwelding wrote:You could Jeff, but you didn't and I thank you. Any others who try to twist my words will not be appreciated-just a full metal jacket reference. Besides not having a good day. AP calc test all morning, go fishing for two hours with a buddy and get nothing, two minutes after I leave he catches a 15 in bass, then I get to run vertical 7018s for 4 hours and then drive another half an hour back home. Maybe Thursday will be better when I go back up there and run more vertical.
Patience Grasshopper Patience....it all comes with time and practice...and Patience....you will figure it out
Farmwelding

Farmwelding wrote:You could Jeff, but you didn't and I thank you. Any others who try to twist my words will not be appreciated-just a full metal jacket reference. Besides not having a good day. AP calc test all morning, go fishing for two hours with a buddy and get nothing, two minutes after I leave he catches a 15 in bass, then I get to run vertical 7018s for 4 hours and then drive another half an hour back home. Maybe Thursday will be better when I go back up there and run more vertical.
Patience Grasshopper Patience....it all comes with time and practice...and Patience....you will figure it out
To be honest the main thing I'm mad about is the fish...
Other than that I don't care a whole lot. I know it takes time Adam is gonna be a long while.
Nick
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Farmwelding wrote: To be honest the main thing I'm mad about is the fish...
Other than that I don't care a whole lot. I know it takes time Adam is gonna be a long while.
Most people I know are happy to have gotten to hang out with a friend fishing.
Then happy for the friend who caught a good fish.
Matter of perspective.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Farmwelding

MinnesotaDave wrote:
Farmwelding wrote: To be honest the main thing I'm mad about is the fish...
Most people I know are happy to have gotten to hang out with a friend fishing.
Then happy for the friend who caught a good fish.
Matter of perspective.
Well...we actually were having a bet (just a $5 wager) and he caught the fish where I was fishing at so that's it. Not mad about him catching it-more just the irony of me leaving and then two minutes. Still would have rather gone fishing with him than sitting around on my butt regardless. And I can't get mad at a guy for catching a nice fish.
Nick
exnailpounder

Sounds like you need some tuna taco. Takes the edge off...Mr. Grouchy :lol:
Farmwelding

exnailpounder wrote:Sounds like you need some tuna taco. Takes the edge off...Mr. Grouchy :lol:
Gosh that sounds awful. I will take some cow in my taco...unless there is a second meaning to the phrase "tuna taco"
Nick
exnailpounder

Farmwelding wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:Sounds like you need some tuna taco. Takes the edge off...Mr. Grouchy :lol:
Gosh that sounds awful. I will take some cow in my taco...unless there is a second meaning to the phrase "tuna taco"
There IS a second meaning :lol: You didn't really believe I would actually advise you to eat seafood...did you? :lol: Instead of the tuna taco...look up "the wound that won't heal" or squack. And you thought you were getting an education in school :lol:
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

We love our fishing and seafood over here. I especially enjoy spearing the bearded clam.

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I think this should be the designated derailed post thread!
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I prefer baked goods like stuffed muffins.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Farmwelding

Words can not explain how many strange new words I've discovered here. Kind of disturbing in a way. :lol:
Nick
exnailpounder

Coldman wrote:We love our fishing and seafood over here. I especially enjoy spearing the bearded clam.

Sent using Tapatalk
You and me both :lol:
exnailpounder

Poland308 wrote:I think this should be the designated derailed post thread!
I'm down with that. It's the kids fault. :lol:
Farmwelding

exnailpounder wrote:
Coldman wrote:We love our fishing and seafood over here. I especially enjoy spearing the bearded clam.

Sent using Tapatalk
You and me both :lol:
You guys are killing me :lol:
Nick
exnailpounder

Farmwelding wrote:Words can not explain how many strange new words I've discovered here. Kind of disturbing in a way. :lol:
What did I tell you? You're REAL education began when I said hello :lol: Here's a lesson....every woman that you see..you need to decide in your mind if you want to mount her...lesson over...no charge :lol:
Farmwelding

exnailpounder wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:Words can not explain how many strange new words I've discovered here. Kind of disturbing in a way. :lol:
What did I tell you? You're REAL education began when I said hello :lol: Here's a lesson....every woman that you see..you need to decide in your mind if you want to mount her...lesson over...no charge :lol:
Thanks for the tip. :lol:

By the way... You're implies "you are" which is grammatically incorrect. :lol: use your
Nick
exnailpounder

Farmwelding wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:

By the way... You're implies "you are" which is grammatically incorrect. :lol: use your
I saw it...I was too fuggin lazy to go back and change it :lol: Go get some cornfedder in the hayloft and give us a break will ya :lol:
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Farmwelding wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:

You are f#$%ing kidding me.
The guy who doesn't edit his "text-to-talk" is giving a grammar lesson?
That's the biggest smile I've had all day!

Steve
Farmwelding

Funny story Steve...
First, I felt like I should get one chance and it is Jeff so...
And secondly, I don't use text to talk. I just type and have fat fingers
Nick