Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Hey I got an idea-we need to have a sticky for all these welder reviews, so we dont have all these"Have you guys ever tried *** posts"

Have you guys ever tried this welder? ( :) )

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... DAQ8wIwAA#

Its a thermadyne 110v dc stick welder. How is thermadyne? I want to get a dc stick welder to practice welding(only got ac right now) at home but im FLAT broke. This is only runnin for 250 bucks, not a bad deal. 95 amps max output. :(:(:(

Thanks for the help guys.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
anthonyfawley
    Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:58 pm

I have a thermadyne Gas welder on my rig. Its great, never had a major problem. they make a pretty good machine if you ask me.
IMGP6850.JPG
IMGP6850.JPG (252.59 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

At 95 amps max, you are limited to a 3/32 rod for 7018. You might burn an 1/8" 6011 (6010? Does this little turd do DC?) What's the duty cycle at max?

If you are willing to spend a few hundred on a welder, spend a little more for the features that will actually serve your needs. If you want to weld some fence, I'm sure this rig will be fine.

Steve.

P.S. That gas rig is the way to go if you want capabilities. For the home shop, there are better choices than the "minimal" equipment.
kermdawg

Ya, ya know everytime I read or post a question about one of these cheap welders, a couple days go by and I look back and go-why the hell would I buy some knock off brand when I should be buyin a known, quality product. Suppose its partly the impetuance of youth, partly the emptiness of my wallet :p

Im inchs close to just breakin bread and buyin the everlast welder I want...but I'm so god damn cheap, 1000 dollars is alot to spend when you aint got no job :p Then again, that 1000 dollars will get you a job/jobs in the future, wont it :) If all else fails, it'll at least be ONE HELL OF A PAPER WEIGHT!! :):):)
pipes1004
    Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:59 am

I have used allot of different welder I love miller but I own a thermal arc LM300 have had no problems and would never sell. This welder has got to be one of the best out there 300amps of pure power.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I look at it this way; Either you want a welding machine, or you don't. Why waste money on something that's "sort-of, but not quite"?

Buy or don't; It's up to you, but why waste money on something you either:

Won't use. -or- Isn't useful.

If you're going to spend money, spend it well. If you're not sure, don't spend it.

Steve
kermdawg

I look at it this way; Either you want a welding machine, or you don't. Why waste money on something that's "sort-of, but not quite"?

Buy or don't; It's up to you, but why waste money on something you either:

Won't use. -or- Isn't useful.

If you're going to spend money, spend it well. If you're not sure, don't spend it.
Steve
Yep. Couldnt have said it better myself. :)