Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
olek
    Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:07 pm

I'd like to find a "not too expensive" cutting tool that make cut and etch easier

My main problem is dust so a collector would be ideal

ANd also minimize heat so it is easier to finish the surface for etching

It seem to be possible to use an electric metal saw, or large cutting disk (diamant ?)

What do you think ?

I can do the cutting outside indeed, but not always

Thanks
Pianos , restorer and tuner
Dedicated to learn welding since april
slowly learning ;) not complaining of doing beads and beads
pro inverter PROGYS 200 FV PFC CEL+tig lift
OA Oxyflam 1000 cutting and welding gas torch
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Best bet is a cutting disk. Whether it be a large 14" abrasive saw, or a thin 1mm cutting disk on an angle grinder, you WILL have metal dust to deal with. Its just not something you do indoors. You still need a small polishing tool to get the fine scratches out to see the etch. Do you have an air compressor?
olek
    Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:07 pm

Oscar wrote:Best bet is a cutting disk. Whether it be a large 14" abrasive saw, or a thin 1mm cutting disk on an angle grinder, you WILL have metal dust to deal with. Its just not something you do indoors. You still need a small polishing tool to get the fine scratches out to see the etch. Do you have an air compressor?
Thanks, yes I have air and enough for pneumatic tools. Used angle grinder with 60grit 3m disks to prep the surface) as seem to do Jody)

I have polishers, cotton wheels (not sisal but large cotton wheels, and smaller ones, felt disk too ) Menzerna pastes (wax) and other..

My question is really what will be the most interesting investment, assuming of course I plan to build a chariot, some gigs, a support for the piano panels and parts,...

Is there a possibility to extract dust at the cutting disk? (I have turbine for fumes extraction but it is strong enough to catch metal dust (flat wings)

The saw look nice but I suspect only the largest models, on stands are really worth.

Regards
Pianos , restorer and tuner
Dedicated to learn welding since april
slowly learning ;) not complaining of doing beads and beads
pro inverter PROGYS 200 FV PFC CEL+tig lift
OA Oxyflam 1000 cutting and welding gas torch