Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

So after about a month I finally got my high school and tech school to communicate and got my classes straightened out. My current lab assignments are 1F 6010 and 7018 boat anchors. I only did 3 layers on the 6010 but burned a lot of 7018. Damn fine practice but this is where stick really shows its weak was in time. I spent 4-5 hours on both of them and around 56 rods.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (39.67 KiB) Viewed 640 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (32.9 KiB) Viewed 640 times
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Popeye the old miner
    Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm

It looks like you got it goin on young fella...looks good...stick welding can be slow, but its a whole buncha fun...back in the day when that was all I had to work with it was nothing for me to burn 50 to 70 pounds of 3/16" and 1/4" 7018 in a 10 hour day while doin a dragline bucket...overhead vertical whatever I had a blast...now I'm an old fart and a spoiled brat and rarely dig out the stinger and rods since I run innershield most of time...but once in awhile for old time sake I will do a day of stick welding if the customer isn't in a hurry for his shovel.
Have fun and be safe

Popeye