Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
burnttoast
    Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:28 am

I've watched several of his videos also. he may be a hillbilly. But he does some serious grill works. I too was surprise that he doesn't wear gloves when he's tacking. sometimes when I'm tacking I can still feel the heat. and that's wearing welding gloves!
aland
    Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 pm

burnttoast wrote:I've watched several of his videos also. he may be a hillbilly. But he does some serious grill works. I too was surprise that he doesn't wear gloves when he's tacking. sometimes when I'm tacking I can still feel the heat. and that's wearing welding gloves!
I agree, he does build some amazing smokers and grills. He has some interesting techniques also, some that are very useful for a DIY builder. As an example, he doesn't have a large brake so he will grind half way through the metal and bend it to the proper angle, then weld the seams. Pretty resourceful for someone without a lot of tools. He represents a part of America that we can't ignore, but just need to sort out the swarf as he has some great ideas. :)

His videos are a bit difficult to watch at times as he does a lot of selfie type videos...but again, many are useful.

Alan
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

I've used them for several projects. I air them out, shoot a hole in them, air them some more. Use a fuse of bed sheet dipped in wax, and burn them out.

Last time I used one to patch a brake air tank on an antique truck. It was built with a mounting bracket that formed a dish on top of the tank. Gunk accumulated, and rusted a pin hole in the top.

After cutting the tank, it laid in the junk pile a week. My neighbor called. From 100 yards away, she could smell "Gas".