Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
lindsay75
    Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:13 pm

First post, so forgive me if this is in the wrong forum, or if this has been asked before. I've been doing alot of stick with a Bobcat 225 at work. (Ethanol plant) Never been a fan of Millers, but I really like this machine. My question is - Is this a rugged enough unit to be bed mounted and used for hours nonstop on a daily basis? Thanks in advance for any help.....
Life is tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid.
    Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 am

If you could look, on the back of practically every service truck in this area is a Bobcat. They are very good machines for what you are doing. Very durable too. What model do you have? What engine are you running?
Jim
Pipefitter/Weldor out of Local 396
Millermatic 252
Dynasty 200DX
Maxstar 150 STL
Spoolmate 100
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Miller Digital Elite
JD2 Model 32 Bender
Emerson 7120 Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
Oxy-Gas Torch outfit
Generac XP8000E Generator
lindsay75
    Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Not sure what model it is, but it runs a gas powered Kohler. It's been a good machine so far, but all welding has been indoors. Didn't know how it would handle the elements.....
Life is tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid.
    Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 am

They are designed for outdoor use. I would purchase a cover for it if it is going to continually be outdoors.
Jim
Pipefitter/Weldor out of Local 396
Millermatic 252
Dynasty 200DX
Maxstar 150 STL
Spoolmate 100
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Miller Digital Elite
JD2 Model 32 Bender
Emerson 7120 Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
Oxy-Gas Torch outfit
Generac XP8000E Generator
Ouch
    Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:47 pm

Good little machines for general purpose welding as long as you don't arc air with it, eats them up. The 250 does a better job running cv flux core wire.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I did a lot of ethanol work in IA a few years back. Where are you working?

While my co. used Lincoln machines, Fagen had Miller 225s all over the place, outside in ALL weather from 100 degree blazing sun summer days to -10 blizzards, and the only problem I ever saw was when Juan nailed one with the back tire of a forklift. The machine kept running, but became very difficult to rool around. :lol:

I wouldn't be at all afraid to have one. Miller's customer support can't be beat, either.

Steve