Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
yachtweld3mm
    Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:35 am

Chips O'Toole wrote:I have had problems seeing what I'm doing. This lamp was helpful.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A5 ... UTF8&psc=1

Also, smoke from the rods fogs up my mask pretty quickly. When I saw what was happening, I started cleaning it often. I guess I should turn on the fan when I stick weld.
THANKS CHIPS. I've started welding outside now and I can see all I need now. Just have to lock the cat inside lest it go blind,
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Radishfever wrote:
yachtweld3mm wrote:Thankyou all for your replies.
I've realised it is better for beginners to start on thick metal, I was practicing on 3mm 1/8th sheet because most of my steel boat is such but I grabbed a big chunk of 4 inch X 4 inch by 6 inch and beaded it to death suddenly I'm producing edible beads and not in constant panic focused on speed, uncontrollable speed avoiding burn thru' now its: " oh look at the pretty ripples, gee look at my rod angle .... gee now I've got time to think.
Hey guy’s I live on Cape Cod and the internet is free. This guy bores me to death. He is so slow and going off topic. I already have Jody Collier suppling all of my data. No need to waste time here.

Cheerio from Cape Cod,

Kirk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FREE internet. I bet y'all got a politician that works for FREE too.